The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Horse Hologram from the side view mirrors?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dvendet

Everyone's entitled to my opinion. ;)
Not to get off topic but another mystery about the 13 Boss is whether the vehicle has a native satellite capabilty (has its own sat tuner). The Ford Sync group insists it does, the new owners guide says it does but forums members have been indicating that it does not.

MakeMyDay said:
Not to get off topic but another mystery about the 13 Boss is whether the vehicle has a native satellite capabilty (has its own sat tuner). The Ford Sync group insists it does, the new owners guide says it does but forums members have been indicating that it does not.

I have had three other Mustangs in the past four years that all have had satellite radio(I dont use it tough) And each one has had an antenna on the top of the trunk for the satellite. I just checked on a 2013 GT premium coupe on ebay and it has the same setup with the antenna on the trunk, I then checked on both the 2013 standard Boss and laguna secca and neither of them have the antenna so I'm nearly 99% certain that they do not have satelitte radio.

Dvendet

Everyone's entitled to my opinion. ;)
killerwill13 said:
MakeMyDay said:

I have had three other Mustangs in the past four years that all have had satellite radio(I dont use it tough) And each one has had an antenna on the top of the trunk for the satellite. I just checked on a 2013 GT premium coupe on ebay and it has the same setup with the antenna on the trunk, I then checked on both the 2013 standard Boss and laguna secca and neither of them have the antenna so I'm nearly 99% certain that they do not have satelitte radio.
Thanks for the info Will!
MMD

BOSSAZ said:
killerwill13 said:
Just to end the debate on MyColor, it was confirmed by Jeffisheretoo on another fourm that 2013 Boss's do have MyColor. Heres the link http://www.boss302forum.com/index.php?/topic/14229-new-42-lcd-electronic-gauges/

Killer look closely at the link YOU posted with pics from the dash display on Jeffs Boss...then compare the youtube video of the guy oooing and ahhing over all his colored dash lights....there is no selection in any of the 4.2 dash display functions for "My Color" in Jeffs pics and that's because the car doesn't have one.

The display control buttons on the left side of the Boss steering wheel are not the same as the regular Mustangs and the 2013 Boss Manual shows this if you had one.

Once again....everyone on this site is always extremely helpful with answering questions but if you ask and receive an "absolute" from someone on this site that has taken delivery of a Boss then don't embarrass yourself by your lack of research or unconfirmed comments....ask "Baker" how that works.

That is really the end of this debate.
Ok for one pay close attention at 1:07 in the video you can clearly see MyColor above Mykey in the settings menu. Also I was refering to Jeffs in the sense of he confirmed it in the posts not in the pictures. Also I have read the both the 2013 Standard Mustang Manual and the 2013 Boss supplemental manual, as well as the 2012 of each and nearly ever year since 2007(except 2011) and the smoking gun is with the fact the dash with 4.2 inch screen is sent with the same programing and more importantly hardware for all of them with the exception of the boss in terms of the trackkey. And the ones with the 4.2 inch screen DO also have the 5 way controller on the left hand side of the steering wheel. You should read the full Mustang manual in conjunction with the Boss supplement manual. Also I can simply ask you a very simple question to tell you if you have Mycolor and that is by the actual color of your gauges, for example in 2012 the Boss used the standard backlit that was in the base v6 mustang which was a carry over for nearly 7 years, it is a light blue green. If it is a vivid dark Blue then it has the upgraded LEDs which only come with MyColor. standard white backlit is the default on ALL models when it has the lights off totally.

I wouldn't be so into this whole thing unless I hadn't had experience on four other Mustangs with and without Mycolor.

Please go to page 102 and read the section with all the information for the 4.2(and everything it says GT500 in this section is the same for the Boss under this section except the ride adjustment with bilenstein shocks)
http://www.motorcraftservice.com/pubs/content/~WODMUS/~MUS~LEN/42/13musom1e.pdf

Also you can reference all the 2013 literature here from ford:
http://owner.ford.com/servlet/ContentServer?pagename=Owner/Page/OwnerGuidePage&year=2013&make=Ford&model=Mustang

killerwill13 said:
Ok for one pay close attention at 1:07 in the video you can clearly see MyColor above Mykey in the settings menu.
I see it. :D Problem is it's a GT not a Boss. ::) I didn't think the 2013 Bosses have MyColor either but I don't know for sure. I've sat in 2 2013's already but didn't get the keys to them. Why don't one of you two send one of the new Boss owners a PM asking them to post the answer in this thread so we can get back on topic. ;)

My Boss doesn't seem to have MyColor. I looked for it on the 4.2'' display but unless I have poop in my eyes the option isn't there. Bit disappointing, my daughter was looking forward to making me turn it pink.

There are also no puddle mirrors for blind spot monitoring which I thought is a shame.

TheMarco said:
My Boss doesn't seem to have MyColor. I looked for it on the 4.2'' display but unless I have poop in my eyes the option isn't there. Bit disappointing, my daughter was looking forward to making me turn it pink.

There are also no puddle mirrors for blind spot monitoring which I thought is a shame.
Thank you. But are you sure, you've only had it for a day! ;) ;D

5 DOT 0 said:
TheMarco said:

Well it's supposed to be an option in the menu on the 4'2 screen right? Where MyKey is? I didn't see a MyColor option there. If it's somewhere else I can go double check but if it's supposed to be at this spot then I don't have it.

Well if it is true there is no MyColor Im lost why ford said it in several places for the Boss, even though they never updated the Mustang page with correct info even for other little tech stuff for the boss. I'm also confused now by why they would send out a unit that is the exact accross all the line except on this one only.

5 DOT 0 said:
TheMarco said:

Lmao it took me a week nearly to figure out mine on my old 2009 GT convertible. My 2010 was bit more confusing with the Halo.

killerwill13 said:
Well if it is true there is no MyColor Im lost why ford said it in several places for the Boss, even though they never updated the Mustang page with correct info even for other little tech stuff for the boss. I'm also confused now by why they would send out a unit that is the exact accross all the line except on this one only.
It's not the first time nor the last time a manufacturer had a mistake in their literature. Same as last year that the Boss was missing several items other Mustangs had. Remember this is a RCWALP so no need for puddle lights or My Color.

5 DOT 0 said:
killerwill13 said:
It's not the first time nor the last time a manufacturer had a mistake in their literature. Same as last year that the Boss was missing several items other Mustangs had. Remember this is a RCWALP so no need for puddle lights or My Color.
True that.

I got another thing to ask anyone who has looked for the Mycolor where your headlamps on when you were looking for it? Odd I know but I just rembered to even access that setup menu I had to have mine fully on.

I just checked my car, with manual in hand, and where it states the "My Color" setting resides...in Settings, it's NOT there. The car also DOES NOT have "puddle lights". Since the default color on all my interior items is a soft blue matching the Grabber BLue of the car I don't think I'll miss it. I'd be interested in everyone else has blue lighting.

killerwill13 said:
5 DOT 0 said:
killerwill13 said:
True that.

I got another thing to ask anyone who has looked for the Mycolor where your headlamps on when you were looking for it? Odd I know but I just rembered to even access that setup menu I had to have mine fully on.

I just tried this. The option is still not there. Too frivolous an option for a purebred race beast I guess :)

I stand corrected, I was sure MyColor was an option, I mean seriously, why omit that at all? It can't cost any weight, you have the Track Apps across ALL mustangs in 2013, why not something as simple as MyColor?

The 2013 BOSS has Sirus, Sync, and some other Creature Comforts, but they omit a simple gauge lighting feature?

Everyone says "Its a Race Car, Race Cars don't need these"... WRONG... Its a Street Car breed from a Race Car, but in the end no matter what you say or how your looking at it, its a Street Car. I don't know any Race Car that is worth a crap for only $45,000 and is Stock, though Ford seems to have created something pretty amazing and close in the BOSS, but as a Street Version.

Its disappointing that MyColor is not there, hell why not take out the AC unit, stereo and Cup Holders as well. Then you would at least be closer to a RACE CAR at that point.

I still look forward to my BOSS arriving, regardless, but I might have to get some "GT" or "GT500" stock parts installed once the warranty runs out.

Regardless, We have established that the BOSS does NOT have Horse Hologram-Puddle lights, and it does NOT have MyColor Cluster Gauges.

ace72ace

Zaino, I put that $hit on everything
I mentioned earlier that you only get the puddle lights with the Comfort Package, which is like asking can you get Nav on the Boss? Um, no, it's part of the Electronics Package which also ISN'T OFFERED ON THE BOSS. So if there's any 'case closed' certainty, it's no Comfort Package on the Boss!

Screenshot2012-05-03at70820AM.png

Heated Recaro's would be sweet! I would say that settles it pretty clearly, at least until someone purchases the GT Mirrors and puts them on a BOSS. Since all the mirrors are power mirrors wiring should be easy.

This is still very interesting with the new instrument cluster accross the whole line why take it away from just one model. I wonder if they just shut it off and hid the menu function in a hidden menu only accesible with the programming and workshop computers. The only reason I say all this still is that the backlit still appears to me as the default Blue without the Halos active on any other mustang.

ace72ace

Zaino, I put that $hit on everything
Try putting the Boss in engineering/test mode for the display, there have been a few threads on this as you can get a digital display of your speedo. Would be cool if there was an easter egg unlock!

ace72ace said:
Try putting the Boss in engineering/test mode for the display, there have been a few threads on this as you can get a digital display of your speedo. Would be cool if there was an easter egg unlock!

Id be interesting in seeing that in the aspect of the screen as the speedo. Do you have any more info on that?

TMO Supporting Vendors