The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Horse Hologram from the side view mirrors?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

I saw somewhere that the '13 Mustangs have a hologram of a "running horse" that is projected down on the ground from the side view mirrors when the doors are open. Does anyone know if the Boss' are coming with that? or the Mycolor dash lights? just curious.

shuvl70

2013 Grabber Blue #216
AZ
I picked up my 13 GB Friday 4/27 and no it doesn't have the little horse lights on the mirrors or the 1000 color dash. Extra weight not required!

BOSSAZ said:
I picked up my 13 GB Friday 4/27 and no it doesn't have the little horse lights on the mirrors or the 1000 color dash. Extra weight not required!
That is interesting that you said it doesn't have MyColor in the Dash. Because it mentions it in the ordering guide.

Did you gone through the settings menu for mycolor? I believe this year that the control for Mycolor is with the controller on the steering wheel which before it was through the Info/Setup/Reset buttons to the left of the steering column.

ace72ace

Zaino, I put that $hit on everything
No MyColor may be the price we pay or having a 180 mph speedo? Have you seen the speedo in the GT? I hate the way it looks, glad to have the Boss style, sorry for the hijack. FYI the projector pony lamps are part of the Comfort Package.

I could be wrong but MyColor (the option to change the colors of the Gauge lights, glows, etc) is STANDARD in all 2013 mustangs, even the BOSS... I believe Jeff has a 2013 grabber Blue with the MyColor option. But the Hologram mirrors are NOT on the BOSS, though your can purchase them and installed them for about $175 I think.

ace72ace

This is odd, the 2013 Order Guide clearly lists MyColor as being part of the Boss standard equipment. BOSSAZ, please check your owners manual and see if you can find instructions for accessing the MyColor option.

Screenshot2012-05-02at92031AM.png

Yeah. I already went through the manual and the Boss Supplement guide and it is not the easiest to read for the mycolor info. But I found an excellent video of a 2013 GT with the MYcolor at night and the guy shows exactly how to get to the mycolor menu from the setting menu. Ill post the link below with it coming in right as he gets in the car.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2bz42cDhAh4&list=PL71E72EFE16D8E2CF&feature=player_detailpage#t=19s

rpm3dinc said:
I could be wrong but MyColor (the option to change the colors of the Gauge lights, glows, etc) is STANDARD in all 2013 mustangs, even the BOSS... I believe Jeff has a 2013 grabber Blue with the MyColor option. But the Hologram mirrors are NOT on the BOSS, though your can purchase them and installed them for about $175 I think.

I'd be interested in installing the Pony projectors. Do you got info on them? like part numbers and schematics?

The ones I found online were from Fordparts.com but they seem to have an issue with their site now... If I recall there were $86 per light, roughly... I will see if I can find another link for them. Technically you could go to any Ford Dealer in the Parts Dept. and order them I guess... After all they are just Side Mirrors with projections "Puddle lights".

ace72ace

The puddle lights and MyColor are 2 totally different things, but are somehow getting intertwined in this thread.One is an option which you can't get on the Boss, and the other is a feature for which the order guide states is included. It would be good if we can get other Boss owner to confirm there is no menu selection for this feature on the 2013 Models, and it's just not there. Given the lack of all other creature comfort options, I wouldn't be at all surprised if the order guide is simply incorrect, will have to see if there is another, updated version of this guide that differs.

Thanks BOSSAZ for checking what your car has.

Well I have checked on the Mustang page on the ford website and it sill has the 4 gage cluster from last year as standard, so thats a no go for info. But, the order guide should be correct since it is updated each year.

Just to end the debate on MyColor, it was confirmed by Jeffisheretoo on another fourm that 2013 Boss's do have MyColor. Heres the link http://www.boss302forum.com/index.php?/topic/14229-new-42-lcd-electronic-gauges/

ace72ace

So BOSSAZ says 100% his car doesn't have it, but JeffIsHereToo states that it does... I was hoping the link provided would show us a pic to see what he has in HIS car. Instead all I saw was the quote 'Yes it does'. Sigh.

TMO Supporting Vendors