The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Horse Hologram from the side view mirrors?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ace72ace

Zaino, I put that $hit on everything
Sorry don't have the thread bookmarked, saw info about 'test mode' in either AFM or TMS, some googling should find it. Just read recently that someone tried the procedure to unlock it on the '13 as was given for the '12 and it was reported to have worked.

We had the debate on creature comforts multiple times last year. The conclusion was anyone wanting more creature comforts obviously doesn't get the intended purpose of the Boss 302. ;)

ace72ace

Didn't I see quite a few iterations of '....? BECAUSE RACE CAR!' posters last year?

BLAZN BOSS

Heres a new rut we can run..............today I used my garmin to go to the car show......The Garmin tells me what speed I'm traveling.........I was about 3 mph slower than the speedo...........anyone seen this or noticed? Not saying that the Garmin was right........it could have been wrong.

BLAZN BOSS said:
Heres a new rut we can run..............today I used my garmin to go to the car show......The Garmin tells me what speed I'm traveling.........I was about 3 mph slower than the speedo...........anyone seen this or noticed? Not saying that the Garmin was right........it could have been wrong.

Civilian GPS is "off" by some measure which might account for the difference.

http://www.gps.gov/systems/gps/performance/accuracy/

BLAZN BOSS

Cool, Id rather think that my 300 dollar GPS is junk rather than my 43,000 dollar Boss.

killerwill13 said:
This is still very interesting with the new instrument cluster accross the whole line why take it away from just one model. I wonder if they just shut it off and hid the menu function in a hidden menu only accesible with the programming and workshop computers. The only reason I say all this still is that the backlit still appears to me as the default Blue without the Halos active on any other mustang.

Doesn't the Boss have a different speedo and tack than the GT? No need to pay for silly leds in a "Race Car"

Boss Dash
normal_2013_mustang_boss_302_19.jpg

GT Dash
13FordMustang_23.jpg

ace72ace

Bossfan said:
5 DOT 0 said:
We had the debate on creature comforts multiple times last year. The conclusion was anyone wanting more creature comforts obviously doesn't get the intended purpose of the Boss 302. ;)

YES, YES, YES. Finally some LOGIC!

"We" had the debate last year.

Ok, what about the new 'we' that recently joined and weren't part of last years discussion? Is this the kind of opinion that only has merit if 'we' agree with your view? ??? ;) I am not upset about this at all, just sayin'... If you were only referring to the 2012 models, and are not commenting on the 2013's (with your crystal ball), then I apologize in advance for making that assumption that you also wished to include the new Boss that has Sync & HIDs. A quick check of the curb weights show no change for 2012/2013.

I can understand not allowing the glass roof, Nav, or even Shaker audio because the quote/unquote marginally better speakers added 1lb to the curb weight of the final product. I saw the show on Speed network that seems to be the same one included in the owners kit? I heard Pericak state how nothing that wasn't performance related would be included on the Boss, as it was designed from day 1 as a RCWALP. "GOT IT".

However the ability to customize your dash lights to a color shade that mimic's your Boss paint would have been way cool, and not impact the performance aspect of the 2013 version. Especially in light of the fact that the hardware was already there as part of the model year upgrades with Sync and HIDs becoming standard across the entire model line. My guess is that this pod mimics the functionality of the bare bones base V6, and that's why we don't have MyColor in the '13 Boss even though the order guide has it listed. I haven't checked the base V6 specs, just a hunch on my part.

Ah well, if you *really* want it, I'm sure it could be installed, all the hardware and such are available, it's just the willpower to do so.

ace72ace

5 DOT 0 said:
ace72ace said:
Ok, what about the new 'we' that recently joined and weren't part of last years discussion?
I thought you were part of the discussion last year too? :D

Not on BMO, just joined a few months ago.

TMO Supporting Vendors