The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Hot center console

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

I've noticed that my center console in my 2013 seems to be extremely warm lately. Temps have been in the 80-90's. I have a Barton shifter with all the factory insulation in place as well as the rubber shifter boot. My car is tracked, so I also have the trans air scoop installed. Any thoughts?

To be expected to a certain degree...

See posts regarding the MT82..

Even folks with tranny swaps are reporting higher than expected temps.

There is a reason why the 302R and 302S cost A LOT more than the garden variety production models.

When you start pushing your equipment to the edge things are bound to heat up ;)

Trans scoop channels air up around the transmission, so also up against the inside of the tunnel. Hot air from the trans heats the tunnel possibly.

PeteInCT

#LS-378 - So many Porsche's, so little time....
Connecticut
The MGW shifter has a heat shield option which apparently works well since my console doesn't get very warm. Not sure if others have had the same experience.

TMSBOSS

Spending my pension on car parts and track fees.
Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
10-20 Years
Illinois
PeteInCT said:
The MGW shifter has a heat shield option which apparently works well since my console doesn't get very warm. Not sure if others have had the same experience.

+1

Exactly the same experience. On my Boss and Daughters V-6. Installed MGW and shields and noticed both cars consoles are cooler.

Shield sits flush against the underside of the trans tunnel with insulation sandwiched between. Cooler and quieter.

TMO Supporting Vendors