The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Hotchkis K Member X-brace

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

For those who have already installed their Hotchkis K Member X-brace: The Hotchkis instructions seem to indicate that the factory Boss cross-brace is removed and not used once the Hotchkis X-brace is installed. Is there any way to use both pieces at the same time? Just seems like a flat piece of steel (even if 1/8 inch thick) is not going to be as stiff as the factory tubular piece in that area. Also I guess the Ford Racing transmission cooling scoop cannot be used at the same time as the Hotchkis brace?

http://www.hotchkis.net/_uploaded_files/1416instructions5216file.pdf

I agree with you about it not seeming as strong as the factory bar so I used both. I had th mechanic put the stock bar behind the x brace. I think he had to use longer bolts but not sure.
So it's car,x brace, stock bar in order.

TMO Supporting Vendors