The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

How do I get Parnelli Jones' signature

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JScheier

Too Hot for the Boss!
Re: How do I get Parnelli Jone's signature and Paul Brown's signature

PhilTaylor said:
wow, ok. thanks for the PB data. What about PJ?

Alive and kicking. Click on the links... one has information on HOW someone got him to sign, the other states where to send it / contact.

If I remember correctly which sometimes I question.
To get PJ sig. he requires you to make a donation to a certain charity.. Posted by superman

Ok, here is the story on the passenger side airbag cover. Originally I wanted to remove the cover currently in the vehicle but found out once it's removed it will disable the car from being started. (Safety mechanism...from what I was told) Also I was unsure about sending the part off to California to have signed and not know when or if I'd get the part back. I've been told the part is not too hard to have removed and replaced....once I do so, I will post on it.

With all of this said, I just decided to order a new part from Ford and send it. Now I made contact with VIP Sports which Parnelli owns and asked if I could send something to have signed. Not only did I send the part with a paint marker but I also made a donation to his son (Page Jones) foundation for traumatic brain injury which he suffered many years ago while racing.

To my surprise, I sent it through UPS and the same day it arrived (9:02 am) it was signed and sent back!! Now I understand 5 DOT 0 and his question about why have Parnelli sign and not Paul Brown? Funny he asks because the next step is to have this sent for Paul Brown to sign as well.

If you watch the video sent with our owners package and read the book, Parnelli had a lot to do with the comeback of the Boss 302 in 2012. Ford basically stated, if Parnelli doesn't sign off on the project it won't happen. Now whether this adds value to the car or not is yet to be seen or determined. Right now I just need to find a way to have Paul Brown sign too.

https://trackmustangsonline.com/index.php?topic=1192.0

Good Luck and let us know how you made out.

Grant 302

basic and well known psychic

superhero said:
Right now I just need to find a way to have Paul Brown sign too.

I can only guess that you didn't read JScheier's post above. That's not going to happen unless you have some serious connections.

Fomoco302

Life is short. Live well!

Grant 302 said:
I can only guess that you didn't read JScheier's post above. That's not going to happen unless you have some serious connections.
Try to get ahold of the Pope while he's here-maybe he can help ;)

superhero said:
Now I understand 5 DOT 0 and his question about why have Parnelli sign and not Paul Brown?
Nothing wrong with PJ and I sported his signature on my car until recently. I'm not sure how much PJ had to do with the development of the original Boss 302's but he's famous for winning 5 races and the 1970 Trans Am Championship in it. The same with Paul Brown. Paul was not as well known as PJ but for his time he was a hell of a driver and got the new era of the Boss 302's off to a great start by winning 5 races and the championship in the 2011 Pirelli World Challenge. I run his number on my car in his honor. 50 is the new 15. ;D

superhero said:
If you watch the video sent with our owners package and read the book, Parnelli had a lot to do with the comeback of the Boss 302 in 2012. Ford basically stated, if Parnelli doesn't sign off on the project it won't happen.
While the video makes it look like PJ had to sign off on the car I don't think he had much to do with the development of the car beyond the video. Hopefully our resident expert on this will comment.

@mwilson7

FYI I edited the subject of this thread.

GBMA0413_zpslwqlls3a.jpg

Grant 302 said:

That quote is from a post written 4 or 5 years ago. It was reposted here for info purposes, and the PB reference was part of the original post. Follow the link he also included.

Saw this on the old BOSS forum and thought it might be of help for PJ's sig.

http://www.boss302.com/smf/index.php?topic=70925.0

REAL 1 said:
thanks. I have been having a hard time getting in touch to get a sig.

:)

Glad I could help. I got PJ's autograph twice when I was a kid in the 60's at Sprint car races. He was a hero of mine long before I had ever heard of a BOSS 302.

302 Hi Pro

Boss 302 - Racing Legend to Modern Muscle Car
Southeast
blk12svt said:
Saw this on the old BOSS forum and thought it might be of help for PJ's sig.

http://www.boss302.com/smf/index.php?topic=70925.0

That old Boss 302 forum you mention is "The Boss 302 Registry". It also has Member contact with PJ as recently as last week, November 2, 2015. Which is pretty good for an old Forum.

Just say'in,

302 Hi Pro

No disrespect meant, I've been a member there for 8 years. I meant "old" as in the 69/70 cars being older than the 12/13's.

TMO Supporting Vendors

Latest posts

Buy TMO Apparel

Buy TMO Apparel