The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

How do you remove the shifter knob??

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

302 Hi Pro

Boss 302 - Racing Legend to Modern Muscle Car
Southeast
Fiddler49:

Looks great and I like your silver extension. I'm thinking of going to a white (60's Detroit Muscle Car retro look) shift knob, plus it would match my white Boss stripes.

Thanks,
Dave,
302 Hi Pro

302 Hi Pro said:
Fiddler49:

Looks great and I like your silver extension. I'm thinking of going to a white (60's Detroit Muscle Car retro look) shift knob, plus it would match my white Boss stripes.

Thanks,
Dave,
302 Hi Pro
Rick went with the FRPP shifter with the white knob and it looked great! Seein' as y'all have the same Boss color...

I have the MGW shifter with the Ford Racing ball. I ordered my shifter with the shaft that matched the stock one.

Is this the same as that dress picture. I see white and gold.

Just kidding, I like the black and blue with the thin stripes. It is nice to have both though, as you can change them to feel like you have another Boss. I have red with black and white with black. Still thinking about getting a black with red also.

302 Hi Pro

Boss 302 - Racing Legend to Modern Muscle Car
Southeast
Flyboygsxr said:
I have been looking for something more this style:

http://www.ft86speedfactory.com/mtec-drift-shift-knob-993.html

Too funny!

This shift knob with a 12" extension, reminds me of a WRC Rally car set up. Early Kenny Block style!

As for F49's choices, I like the the Black with thinner Grabber Blue stripes.

I too have been thinking about this, maybe a white knob with Ford Racing script on the sides to match Miss Kona's white stripes.

Enjoy it,
Dave
302 Hi Pro

GB218

TMO Addict
Just my $.02,

I too had acquired quite the collection of shift knobs/balls. All blue with black numbering; all black with blue numbering; all white with black letting; black ball with BOSS and numbering in white; blue ball with BOSS and numbering in black; blue ball with BOSS, numbering, and rally stripes in black; blue ball with BOSS, numbering, and "boss" stripes in black - just to mention a few. It got to the point that I was glad to part with many of them.

With all of the choices, I get the most complements on the the blue ball with BOSS stripes (like Fiddler posted) and the black ball with BOSS and the numbering in white.

I normally keep the blue ball with the BOSS stripes on (my favorite). I put the black one on if I'm going to a car show or meet. Most people think it is the stock "black" shift knob that they read/heard about....

Like everything else, it all depends on your own personal taste.

By the way, I think this thread needs its own theme song. How about AC/DC's Big Balls.... Just a thought.

TMO Supporting Vendors

Buy TMO Apparel

Buy TMO Apparel