The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

how do you take car of the alcantra wheel?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

after a few track days and daily driving the car the 9 and 3 positions on my wheel feel noticeably different than the bottom section i never touch. what are you all using to take car of the wheel? i haven't found anything yet that says it's for alcantra. Granted i have only pep boys and Walmart around here.

GA
There is a video by an anal Bimmer owner in this thread:

https://trackmustangsonline.com/boss-302-technical-forum/cleaning-of-alcantara-steering-wheel/

I am not too concerned with the cleaning but how long before it starts to wear out. I am sure alot of us don't have baby soft hands and would like to know if anyone has seen any smooth spots yet.

after a few track days the 9 and 3 are different feeling than mine. i bet i have some grease on it from messing with lugs and getting dirty hands between sessions.

ShaneM said:
after a few track days the 9 and 3 are different feeling than mine. i bet i have some grease on it from messing with lugs and getting dirty hands between sessions.
One word: gloves. ;D

TMO Supporting Vendors