The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

how does it do it

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Had a run in 3rd gear with Jaguar XKR they are supposed to be 500 hp and it lost ground to my boss and then yesterday had a camaro ss that thought it could but could not. It was not even close. I always thought 500 hp plus gobs of torque because of forced induction the boss would not stand a chance in a third gear pull and then the camaro i thought would have been close but it was like driving circles around a dinky toy. Just having a hard time believing the Boss can pull as hard as it does when it is on a roll. Maybe SBY is the fastest colour. Just a guess ;D or is it something else.

Shaky, welcome to BMO. Be sure to post photos of your Boss in the 2013 photo thread.

https://trackmustangsonline.com/boss-302-general-forum/2013-boss-302-photo-thread/

A lot of the cars performance has to do with the transmission and gearing being very well matched to the engine. Are you planning on taking your Boss to a road course? That's where you'll get a chance to fully understand the true performance of your Boss. ;D

Justin

Save the dawn for your dishes!!!
many things factor in how fast a car is or isnt. Power to weight ratio and gearing are two of the biggest. I assume that jag weighs over 4000 lbs and isnt geared for performance like a boss. And the Camaro SS makes less power and is heavier and if it was an auto things only get worse for that car.

No SS owners around here will even mess with me. I cant wait till one does. Sure is fun making those SS boys look retarded lol

I had a Stop light to Stop Light run with a BMW 335i yesterday, I pulled up next to him at the light and he started revving... Normally I don't do anything, but this guy just looked like he needed taken down a notch or two... Light went green I popped the clutch and tapped the gas, (Trying not to spin the tires to bad since there were cars behind us...) 2nd gear shift, I was already catching him, by the time I shifted to 3rd gear at 6K, the tires skipped and the car tried to jump sideways, at that point I was door to door with him, and as soon as the tires caught, I was gone like a rocket... he came rolling up slow at the next light, slow enough that it turned green before he got to my window, so I just gave him a honk and when about my day...

Granted, a 335i is only 300hp roughly.. but the BOSS sure shut him up... I don't think most "Non-Ford" guys or at least some car guys know what a BOSS truly is...

BTW, I had the Track Key in, but since there no HP Gain with the TrackKey, I doubt that made any difference over if I would have had the silver key in.

Justin

Save the dawn for your dishes!!!
The boss is PFM (pure f'in magic) its a navy saying that us in the electronics field use for things we dont understand how they work but they just do.

rpm3dinc said:
Granted, a 335i is only 300hp roughly.. but the BOSS sure shut him up... I don't think most "Non-Ford" guys or at least some car guys know what a BOSS truly is...
Yep, there was a post here the other day for a BMW forum post and an M3 owner made some remark about Mustang owners think the Boss stripes are good for 50 hp or something like that. What he doesn't know is they really are. ;)

you should see what happens when people try to race me .......my boss looks totally stock..i run it on the street tuned to around 680 RWHP its crazy!

5 DOT 0 said:
rpm3dinc said:
Yep, there was a post here the other day for a BMW forum post and an M3 owner made some remark about Mustang owners think the Boss stripes are good for 50 hp or something like that. What he doesn't know is they really are. ;)

Which thread was this? Looked for it but couldn't find it.

fduboss302 said:
5 DOT 0 said:
rpm3dinc said:

Which thread was this? Looked for it but couldn't find it.
It might have been a post over on TMS. If I can find it I'll post the link. It was funny becuase I'm new to tracking a car and I've passed a bunch of M3's and don't think I've ever had to give one a point by. ;D

I must be doing something wrong for uploading pictures :-\ I have build #1672 build date July 18 same date as the wifes birthday. We picked it up August 10 and have put 5000 km on it so far. There was a road trip Edmonton to Vancouver and the recaros worked great. Monday went to the dealer to make an appointment to install trackey at 4,30 pm and they suprized me by taking the car in right then and was out of there by 6,oo pm. I had an 2007 BMW 335i with a procede tune which made it a real fun car to drive. It had reliability problems and the warranty was running out so I traded it in for a 2012 GTCS loved it and drove it for a year. Then the wife seen the Boss being unloaded off a truck and convinced me to have a look. When the sales rep came out to introduce himself the wife told him she was not going home without that car. Who am I to argue with the wife. There must be something wrong with me as I can not get enough driving time and stereo is never turned on. The car is so solid and well balanced. it is just magic to drive. We do not have a real road course in Edmonton but the local drag strip is building one that should open next spring. I am guilty of lurking here but I could no resist signing up because of the level headed people on this forum. All the open track videos have really inspired me to pickup some dedicated track tires rims for next spring.

Thanks for the welcome and the replies
Shaky5.0

Shaky 5.0 said:
I must be doing something wrong for uploading pictures :-\ I have build #1672 build date July 18 same date as the wifes birthday. We picked it up August 10 and have put 5000 km on it so far. There was a road trip Edmonton to Vancouver and the recaros worked great. Monday went to the dealer to make an appointment to install trackey at 4,30 pm and they suprized me by taking the car in right then and was out of there by 6,oo pm. I had an 2007 BMW 335i with a procede tune which made it a real fun car to drive. It had reliability problems and the warranty was running out so I traded it in for a 2012 GTCS loved it and drove it for a year. Then the wife seen the Boss being unloaded off a truck and convinced me to have a look. When the sales rep came out to introduce himself the wife told him she was not going home without that car. Who am I to argue with the wife. There must be something wrong with me as I can not get enough driving time and stereo is never turned on. The car is so solid and well balanced. it is just magic to drive. We do not have a real road course in Edmonton but the local drag strip is building one that should open next spring. I am guilty of lurking here but I could no resist signing up because of the level headed people on this forum. All the open track videos have really inspired me to pickup some dedicated track tires rims for next spring.

Thanks for the welcome and the replies
Shaky5.0
Welcome to the club. ;D So how do you like TK?

You need to use an external photo hosting site and post the link to the photo in your post to show the photos. You can read more about it here.

https://trackmustangsonline.com/boss-302-general-forum/a-tip-for-reading-boss-mustangs-online/

I like it a lot as the stability control is not as aggressive compared the silver key when making a turn at a light. The lopey idle is cool when surrounded by traffic and high buildings. Have not tried out launch control yet. Thanks for the Tip on pictures I will check it out. ;D

PeteInCT

#LS-378 - So many Porsche's, so little time....
Connecticut
They may be right. Ford says 444 HP but by my calculations it really more like 465 at the crank. ;D

TMO Supporting Vendors

Buy TMO Apparel

Buy TMO Apparel