The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

How fast have you been in your boss?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tyler72

Like a Boss!
Went down to Mexico to see my aunt and uncle for Christmas. They had never seen a boss before & my aunt fell in love. She was dying to go for a ride so we took off. She said she wanted to go fast... So fast we went. I let out at around 170. Was turning right at 8000 rpm and my rev limiter is at 8100. So I probably could've gotten at least 175 out of it but the only good turn around spot was approaching fast so I had to get on the brakes hard to be able to turn in there. She was giggling the entire time and had a blast.

BLAZN BOSS

tyler72 said:
Went down to Mexico to see my aunt and uncle for Christmas. They had never seen a boss before & my aunt fell in love. She was dying to go for a ride so we took off. She said she wanted to go fast... So fast we went. I let out at around 170. Was turning right at 8000 rpm and my rev limiter is at 8100. So I probably could've gotten at least 175 out of it but the only good turn around spot was approaching fast so I had to get on the brakes hard to be able to turn in there. She was giggling the entire time and had a blast.
so what tune do you have?

Just over 140 and had to quit as the wife started smacking my arm to slow down..Next time ill go alone

I've been up to a buck 30 at Thunderhill on the front straight. I've done it a few hundred times and it's amazing how quickly you get used to going that fast. :D

tyler72

Like a Boss!
Yeah... Its crazy. Once we got going there was nobody around us so it was kinda hard to tell we were going that fast. The car felt great at that speed. It never got light or anything. Just hugged the ground and pressed on.

TMO Supporting Vendors