The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

How fast have you been in your boss?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TMSBOSS

Spending my pension on car parts and track fees.
Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
10-20 Years
Illinois
I do want to get some sort of gps track data thing to show me, just haven't looked into it much. Something that will work with a gopro and not cost to much. Any advice?
[/quote]

I am considering the same thing. I have looked at the AIM Solo, Traqmate as well as Harry's lap timer for the iphone. Harrsy's appears to be the most economical.

Any thoughts??

Domestic Product

Big fat tires and everything !
TMSBOSS said:
I do want to get some sort of gps track data thing to show me, just haven't looked into it much. Something that will work with a gopro and not cost to much. Any advice?

I am considering the same thing. I have looked at the AIM Solo, Traqmate as well as Harry's lap timer for the iphone. Harrsy's appears to be the most economical.

Any thoughts??

Yes, I think I will start a new thread for the this , when I get back from Mexico that is...

PhilTaylor

Track Attack 5-26-14
Dec 29th, I hit 145 indicated. Car had more, will pull to speed limited max of 155 easy.

Wont say where I did this though, will want to re-use that stretch of road in the future.

PM me if in WA state.

Fomoco302

Life is short. Live well!
LadyBoss said:
Put me in the slow column...I have only had mine up to 75 mph, oh course it has never been on the track either

You need to get signed up for Track Attack ASAP. There's a thread on here with contact info. It ends this year and if you go you'll never regret it ! I believe you said you are the first owner of your Boss.

Fomoco302 said:
You need to get signed up for Track Attack ASAP. There's a thread on here with contact info. It ends this year and if you go you'll never regret it ! I believe you said you are the first owner of your Boss.

Yeah I received the info on the Boss Track Attack and I signed up to go this year. I think it will be a good time, then I can take myself out of the slow column

johna said:
Are these speeds in 5th or 6th gear

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk

The Boss hits the 155 limiter right at the redline in 5th. My data showed 156.8 mph @ 7493 rpm when I hit the speed limiter. So anything substantially over that happens in 6th or there have been gearing changes.

steveespo

Lord knows I'm a Voodoo Child
Exp. Type
W2W Racing
Exp. Level
10-20 Years
Cookeville TN
Jimmy Pribble said:
The Boss hits the 155 limiter right at the redline in 5th. My data showed 156.8 mph @ 7493 rpm when I hit the speed limiter. So anything substantially over that happens in 6th or there have been gearing changes.
Not with 3.55 gears ;D I was hoping to improve on the 152 I did at Pocono this spring at Charlotte during the 50th birthday celebration but there seems to be a 135 mph speed limit for even the advanced group during the event. I guess I'll do a couple mock qualifying laps the last session on Saturday then get black flagged.
Steve

ufnavy06

Some say he has a tattoo of his face on his face.
steveespo said:
Not with 3.55 gears ;D I was hoping to improve on the 152 I did at Pocono this spring at Charlotte during the 50th birthday celebration but there seems to be a 135 mph speed limit for even the advanced group during the event. I guess I'll do a couple mock qualifying laps the last session on Saturday then get black flagged.
Steve

Black flagged for speed...no. It's a black flag for being too awesome!

I have not bought my Boss yet 9will do so this year) but even my wife was doing 100 mph on the way home one day..in our Honda Pilot! So methinks her and I will put a few high speed runs on my blue baby when I get her.

TMO Supporting Vendors