The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

S197 How high can I go?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
Under 3 Years
Ann Arbor, MI
I'm looking to jack my car up to gain as much room underneath as possible for changing fluids and underbody work, using a floor jack. There is a jacking plate near the middle of the side rail so just one point on each side to deal with. There are AST coilovers on the car - how high do you think I could go without breaking something or putting too much load/strain on the side opposite being jacked?

ChrisM

Mostly harmless.
Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
3-5 Years
South Carolina
Quickjack is the way. I'm a total rookie too but the fact that I can lift the car that high in about two minutes (including setup) has made it so much more enjoyable to work on.

TymeSlayer

Tramps like us, Baby we were born to run...
Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
3-5 Years
Brighton, Colorado
If you want to get the car as high up as possible I'd split the jacking in two sequences. Get the car level about half of the way up you can go on each side, then jack up again to get the car all the way up. This will help prevent any possible slippage of the car off of the stands at extreme angles.
Pretty much how I always do it at home. It's safe and smart. And it goes without saying, you take it down the same way.

TMO Supporting Vendors

Latest posts

Buy TMO Apparel

Buy TMO Apparel