The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

How long will these Cup 2s last?

How many sessions left?

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 2-3

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 4-5

Votes: 3 50.0%
  • 6-10

Votes: 3 50.0%

• Total voters

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

it is not about when the oem fluid works. Is about the onlymtime it doesn't.
totally. i have the car inspected after every track day including measuring water content in the fluid so I take it day by day. The OEM fluid is Dot4 so I feel safe, but will go with the Motul600 when it's time to change.

Please dont put the st-43’s on with girodiscs. I had them and they sucked. Get Pagids. Quiet, much much much less brake dust and much much better

why did they suck? Most folks say they last a long time and perform admirably on track. I also considered the G-Loc and Ferodo pads but I don’t remember the compounds I settled on off hand. Pagid pads are great, but they are also the most expensive option so I was going to try other stuff before going there. I can always fall back to those.

why did they suck? Most folks say they last a long time and perform admirably on track. I also considered the G-Loc and Ferodo pads but I don’t remember the compounds I settled on off hand. Pagid pads are great, but they are also the most expensive option so I was going to try other stuff before going there. I can always fall back to those.

Im going to say the pagids out perform the st-43’s hands down. I ran them one session, they were so goddamn noisy and brake dust was worse than stock. I put pagids on and i was braking much later with leas noise, brake dust

@EIGHTLUG

Im going to say the pagids out perform the st-43’s hands down. I ran them one session, they were so goddamn noisy and brake dust was worse than stock. I put pagids on and i was braking much later with leas noise, brake dust

@EIGHTLUG

Good to know. I don’t think there’s any doubt the Pagid’s are better, that’s why they cost the most. But like I said I was hoping to find a happy place with either Ferodo, G-Loc or Raybestos. If that doesn’t work out, P-town here I come.

Good to know. I don’t think there’s any doubt the Pagid’s are better, that’s why they cost the most. But like I said I was hoping to find a happy place with either Ferodo, G-Loc or Raybestos. If that doesn’t work out, P-town here I come.

you’re literally putting the most expensive rotors on your car, wouldnt you want some of the best pads? I paid $500 and they will last 2 seasons. Just my 2 cents.

Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Charlotte

@EIGHTLUG
That’s persuasive. Which compound d of Pagids do you like and who is your supplier?

TMO Supporting Vendors

Buy TMO Apparel

Buy TMO Apparel