The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

How many miles is new

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

I find it interesting that some cars have as many as 30 or 40 miles on them but most are less than 10. I would be concerned about how those first few miles were spent. In the northwest they dont let anyone drive these cars not even buyers. One dealer let me start one in the show room.

Mine had 80. Dealer to dealer from another state I didnt mind but they knew i wouldnt take delivery if there was anything out of place - all plastics were in place, stickers etc

Mine had 10 when it arrived at the dealership in Dec. 2011 and when I purchased it May 2012, it had 15 miles... new of course; drove it right out of the showroom floor. ;D

ace72ace

Zaino, I put that $hit on everything
Mine had 29, and that was as delivered to my dealer from the trailer. So whether or not the miles were from the factory or in between, I know my dealer didn't put more than .001 miles on it after it rolled off the trailer. Was completely untouched, unwashed, etc. But after 4k miles and not burning ANY oil at all, I couldn't care less about these 'extra miles', my car runs great!!

21 on mine. Dealer had a diaper on it in the show room. Didn't even hear it run until the day I picked it up. Was, of course, quite pleased. Sales manager maintained no driving was done by staff except for the 1/2 mile he drove to fill it up for me with 93 octane.

TMSBOSS

Spending my pension on car parts and track fees.
Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
10-20 Years
Illinois
New is usually determined by title status.

If the vehicle has not been titled and has an open certificate of origin....it's considered new. I have seen new cars with a few hundred miles on them. One or two dealer trades can add up miles ona "New Car".

Other cars have had the certificate of origin used and a title issue with just a few miles on the clock. This would be considered a used car Because it was titled.

Mine had 24 miles when I test drove it. I could only test drive it because I was a serious buyer and had an approved loan. The dealer was good about not letting just anyone take it out.

TMO Supporting Vendors

Latest posts

Buy TMO Apparel

Buy TMO Apparel