The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

How many people have had their Bosses stolen?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GA
Not being a wise arse, just reminding people to get LoJack. The Boss does not come with active anti-theft (LoJack is better anyway).

You mean the Boss doesn't have the same anti-theft system as a regular GT, or that the stock anti-theft system isn't adequate?

GA
jimprw said:
You mean the Boss doesn't have the same anti-theft system as a regular GT, or that the stock anti-theft system isn't adequate?

It has the standard passive anti-theft (not sure how much that protects you), and the active ant-theft was not an option (which made no sense to me on this car). If someone wants your car bad enough (and they probably will), they will get it. The best thing to have is something that will help you and the police locate and recover the car before it disappears for good, instead of an alarm that nobody listens to anyway.

I have the factory active anti-theft on my Bullitt but fortunately nobody has messed with it. The low-attention factor is definitely a plus.

GA
ORANGE CRUSH said:
So what is different between the BOSS vs the GT from the factory when it comes to secuity?

The Boss has the same security as the base GT. The Boss is a go-fast base GT.

I have access to GPS based tracking devices on the cheap. Lo-Jack only works in certain areas (I think roughly 15 markets?) and the police vehicle needs to be near your car for it to work. Send me a PM if interested.

ArizonaBOSS

Because racecar.
Arizona, USA
Mark said:
I have access to GPS based tracking devices on the cheap. Lo-Jack only works in certain areas (I think roughly 15 markets?) and the police vehicle needs to be near your car for it to work. Send me a PM if interested.

I've heard that about Lo Jack as well. I have GuidePoint in my current car, although that system is about 6 years old so there is probably something newer available.

Lo jack @ my dealer is about $ 1 k for the complete package with no further fees down the road except for the recommended 2 yr checkup fee of $79.00. I understand Guide Dog/Point Gps is cheaper but will charge a monthly fee after the 1st yr. Anybody else got any other options to protect our "Babies" AKA (BAD BOYS)?

TMO Supporting Vendors