The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

how may of us daily drive our bosses

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BossLady82 said:
Did not mean to hit send when I did lol
You can edit your post...

Mine's a weekend warrior and I just crossed over 10,000 in 20 months of ownership.

So Boss

Boss at Vancouver (now Finland)
DD here in Vancouver BC too. Now 21k kms under the belt, but actually wife has done most of the driving. Next we are hitting to roadtrip Utah "Track Attack".

Mine is NOT a daily driver.....but I drive it very often!! After hitting over a dozen car shows in 3 states, I've got something over 17,000 miles on my 2012!

Now that I am not going out of state this summer (vacation) I should keep the mileage under 20,000 before winter!!

cloud9 said:
I DD mine except when I DD my GT500 because my Boss is on the trailer or broken, or DD my F-150 which is 5 months of the year when hell freezes over. 14k miles in 2 years but 6k of those are actually on the track. ::)

That is awesome, 6k on track! I wish I could amass that many each year. I plan to make it to the track 6 to 8 times a year. Any major problems arise from that many track miles? It's should be expected I'm sure.

HackBoss302 said:
That is awesome, 6k on track! I wish I could amass that many each year. I plan to make it to the track 6 to 8 times a year. Any major problems arise from that many track miles? It's should be expected I'm sure.
There've been a few. Goes with the territory. ;)

I daily drove my Boss, from 71-74..., and put 33,000 miles on it. Got a new Olds Cutlass in 74 and put the Boss in my grandpas barn till 89 when I had it painted and freshened. Pic taken Spring of 90. Kept it all those years then needlessly sold it in 94. Big mistake... keep those Boss cars!!
scan0006.jpg

MGCurry

2013 Boss 302 #1548 SBY
Mine is Technically my daily driver 1100 miles since Dec. However I take the long island railroad to work, drive my wifes truck if it is sloppy and have 3 other classic cars to split time with (my mileage may vary)

M

Boostd4

Relapsed Turbo Addict
Wow, lots of DD Boss' here.

Mine is not a DD. My Nor Cal commute along 680/880/101 is BRUTAL on cars. I wouldn't want to waste the Boss experience sitting in traffic. Makes it more special when I take her out on weekends. Just over 3700 miles since last August.

DD now, but looking for a beater. I luckily do not have any traffic on my work commute, but if I did, I wouldn't drive mine as it's hell on your clutch to stop and go for hours each day.

drano38

Wayne
Not DD for me. Good weather to work, and track days. And like Gary, 5 months of hibernation.
Yea, rain most likely won't hurt it, but washing is so much easier when it doesn't get real dirty.

TMO Supporting Vendors