The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

how may of us daily drive our bosses

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DD here! I've got 1,100 miles on it. My average yearly count was 7500 with the 2011 5.0. I expect the same with the boss. Oh, lowering mine today. Will have it back Friday. Putting pics up for sure.

batman48195

I never get tired of driving it!
blk12svt said:
I daily drove my Boss, from 71-74..., and put 33,000 miles on it. Got a new Olds Cutlass in 74 and put the Boss in my grandpas barn till 89 when I had it painted and freshened. Pic taken Spring of 90. Kept it all those years then needlessly sold it in 94. Big mistake... keep those Boss cars!!
scan0006.jpg

Still a beautiful car to look at! Great lines!

Brian

Mine has been splitting driver driver duty with my motorcycles. Including the road trip to Utah for Track Attack
I've put around 10400 miles on it in just over 23 months. Once I fix the transmission in my Lightning the Boss will be staying in the garage during the wet weather though.

ufnavy06

Some say he has a tattoo of his face on his face.
Mine started off as a weekend warrior but right now it's a DD until I get my pedal power on. It's only a 4 mile trip to school so I can bike it, get the exercise, save miles on the Boss (more Laguna Seca time ;D) and reduce insurance costs. It's a win-win. I have just about 8600 miles on it in 21 months of ownership.

As an aside, my dad's is definitely not a DD and he barely has 1000 miles in 14 months of ownership.

Up to 3800 or so miles now. I got my Boss in ?September? of last year. My plan was to put 4k miles a year on it, using it for a Sunday driver. It is hard not to drive it...Glad I have a truck for work, so I save the commuting miles, but I like to drive it everywhere I go on the weekends and at night.

I guess I am about to find out whether or not mine will be a DD. I only have 1,200 miles on it since October but the weather is due to break this week making it more feasible on a daily basis. Now, I have to work on keeping my wife's car out of the single lane driveway so I can get the Boss out of the garage in the morning. It's either that or leave the Boss outside overnight. Neither of those options are easy for me.

Tucson302 said:
Are you buying the kids helmets or don't they get to go fast too?

Haha, eventually! It's my first track event and I think I'll have enough to worry about without them in the backseat :) "Dad, can we stop for ice cream?", "I gotta pee", "I don't have to pee anymore!" ::)

150 miles on my '13 Boss. Not a daily driver, weekend and night car only. I don't head out in rain but if I get caught in it, it's not a big deal. A good washing fixes it. I won't drive in the winter or when the weather is crappy and under 35 degrees. Trackey soon and window tint. Can't wait!

Not a DD but not a Garage Queen either... Bought it in July of 2012, and have 1,900 miles on it... Mainly take it out on the weekends, to car cruise-in's and car shows... While I doubt I will ever see the day its worth more than what I paid for it, I have kept all the original parts I switched out (like shifter, axel-back exhaust, etc). I even have the original Car cover in a sealed never opened bag, and paid for a "Secondary" car cover to cover it in the garage.

I have a friend who has a 12 BOSS and a 13 BOSS, and his 12 has 7,500 miles on it and the 13 (which he's had since last April-May) has 85 miles on it and is "Trailored" to shows.

blk12svt said:
I daily drove my Boss, from 71-74..., and put 33,000 miles on it. Got a new Olds Cutlass in 74 and put the Boss in my grandpas barn till 89 when I had it painted and freshened. Pic taken Spring of 90. Kept it all those years then needlessly sold it in 94. Big mistake... keep those Boss cars!!
scan0006.jpg

Gorgeous!!

Mine is a DD from March to probably September. I put 2730kms on it from March 3 to April 18th. I have my Jacked up F-150 for the Canadian winter. I will probably wait until April to bring it out next year, as there was way to much gravel still on the roads, but I just couldnt wait!

I daily drive mine, and put over 22,000 on it in a year. Now that I have moved much closer to work, I probably won't put but 10k a year on it. I do have a plan to buy a DD this summer, and my fiancé is horrified that the Boss may become a garage queen. I have assured her that will not happen!

LostPony said:
I daily drive mine, and put over 22,000 on it in a year. Now that I have moved much closer to work, I probably won't put but 10k a year on it. I do have a plan to buy a DD this summer, and my fiancé is horrified that the Boss may become a garage queen. I have assured her that will not happen!

Dear lord. Did you live 3 states away from your work?

TMO Supporting Vendors

Latest posts

Buy TMO Apparel

Buy TMO Apparel