The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

How much braided hose for oil cooler

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

If you must run braided, then you have no choice, HOWEVER if you don't there is another product out there that is far..far more easy to work with, it simply slides over the barb fitting, and it collapses like shrink wrap, I've used it from everything from fuel to oil lines and it works like a champ w/o having to deal with the cut off wheels, chasing the steel splinters and all that other stuff that goes along with steel lines. I also have never had this "crawl" out of a fitting like braid.

Here's the link

http://www.jegs.com/p/JEGS-Performance-Products/JEGS-AN-Push-Loc-Hose-End-Fittings-Black/773391/10002/-1

blacksheep-1 said:
If you must run braided, then you have no choice, HOWEVER if you don't there is another product out there that is far..far more easy to work with, it simply slides over the barb fitting, and it collapses like shrink wrap, I've used it from everything from fuel to oil lines and it works like a champ w/o having to deal with the cut off wheels, chasing the steel splinters and all that other stuff that goes along with steel lines. I also have never had this "crawl" out of a fitting like braid.

Here's the link

http://www.jegs.com/p/JEGS-Performance-Products/JEGS-AN-Push-Loc-Hose-End-Fittings-Black/773391/10002/-1

blacksheep, do you secure the hose with some sort of clamp? you'd think ~80+psi of oil pressure may be able to work those fittings loose

I've never had an issue with them coming off, they do make some steel (crimp) clamps for them but I've never had a problem without them. When you do remove them, you have to cut them off of the barb fitting.

TMO Supporting Vendors