The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

How much Brake Fluid?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sesshomurai

Until I'm ready to solo it, I'm having the dealer flush my brake fluid. The motorcraft boss supplement doesn't say exactly how much fluid is required to do this. So how many bottles should I bring?

Sesshomurai

CaliMR said:
2, better to have a little extra. Plus fluid is cheap.

Ok, thanks.

PS. I use Motul RBF600. $20 a bottle, btw!

I used 2/3 bottle of ATE flushing the clutch, as you only get a little out each time you swap fluid by pumping. For a flush, I like to run a little more through than necessary and an extra $20 isn't much considering how much it costs to maintain this car. My track car I just bleed it all the time so I only use 1/4 bottle or so each time, and over the course of a year it gets equivalent of a couple flushes.

TMO Supporting Vendors

Latest posts

Buy TMO Apparel

Buy TMO Apparel