The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

How not to drag race your boss LOL

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

four-walling

Kerry, San Diego
Excuse my ignorance, but what makes the rear end of the Boss want to come around like that when you step on the gas?

That happened to me once puling out of my driveway, but the road is at an incline and I thought that may have had something to do with it.

People who dont know how to drag race should not be at a race track.It sounds so simple. Just point the car streight and go. LOL

maddog said:
People who dont know how to drag race should not be at a race track.It sounds so simple. Just point the car streight and go. LOL

well, you're going to have to learn somewhere, and learning on the drag strip is safer than the streets.

im guessing he missed a shift.

Sesshomurai

What color was that boss? GB? It looked light blue to me and pretty cool if it was.

Sesshomurai

Yeah, something weird with my youtube player I think, it comes through light blue when played but I see its SBY in the preview thumbnail. But looks awesome in light blue I'll say! lol

Either the tires are wet from driving through the waterbox. Or the track had zero prep or both. Even if he did a small burnout it's not going to help with the front tires still dripping water on the track. I wish drag strips would have two ways of getting onto the track. One through the burnout box and the other around the burnout box so you can backup into the water.

I talked to the owner at an autocross a couple of months ago. If I recall correctly he said that he wanted to go around the burnout box but there wasn't enough room and he didn't do a burnout. The track had little to no prep as well.

The water box or burnout box is only for those running slicks.I did could not tell if he was running on street tires.

TMO Supporting Vendors