The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

How not to repair a tire at the track?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

I'm glad to see even the third world taking safety precautions.

Now we know where to have tires on the GT350R CF wheels changed. :)

I love the one fits all torque wrench pipe.
I still think installing a plug that takes about 10 minutes may just be better.
I would love to see his balance machine.
What I do find amazing is how they make what they have WORK for them.

TMSBOSS

Spending my pension on car parts and track fees.
Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
10-20 Years
Illinois
Common practice in the third world.

First time I went to Cambodia I was shocked to see the roadside repair "Shops". Tire repair similar to the video with gasoline for sale. The gas was in glass bottles with a rag stuffed in it. Yep, looked like Molotov Cocktail stands.

Last edited:
I'm really showing my age, but when I was 17 and worked for Kelley Springfield we repaired flats pretty much that way. Our Coats tire machine was manual. I thinks it's still the safest (for the wheel) to prevent damage, but the smaller sidewall tires nixed that method. There's just no way to peel a low profile tire on or off the wheel anymore. Kart tires are still done that way.

TMO Supporting Vendors