The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

  • Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

How streetable are MM caster/camber plates

592
167
I just installed some with my KWs a couple of weekends ago and so far they have made no increase in NVH. I have only done about 100 miles with them, though. Most people seemed very happy with them when I was researching cc plates.
 
The big thing with CC plates on the street is that, at -2 or more, you'll get advanced tire wear on the inside of your front tire. The more you track it, and the less you street it, the less this problem becomes. You could also self adjust for the street.
 
95
0
further said:
The big thing with CC plates on the street is that, at -2 or more, you'll get advanced tire wear on the inside of your front tire. The more you track it, and the less you street it, the less this problem becomes. You could also self adjust for the street.

Couldn't this problem be tamed a little on a square setup by rotating from front to rear?


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
 
kody said:
Couldn't this problem be tamed a little on a square setup by rotating from front to rear?
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Then you will accelerate the wear on all four tires.

Nah, the best way is to track it as much as possible and street it less.

Or just align it for the track and zero it out for the streets. Then again, what costs more? Tire replacement or alignment costs.
 

drano38

Wayne
1,130
318
I had MMC plates installed about a week after I got my Boss.
No noise from them at all.
After tracking 2 weekends on stock tires, I got dedicated track wheels/tires.
Street driving with -2.4 degrees camber (and zero toe) causes the inside of the front tires to wear.
So last fall, I had them flipped on the rims to get more life by wearing the other edge.
 
95
0
further said:
Then you will accelerate the wear on all four tires.

Nah, the best way is to track it as much as possible and street it less.

Or just align it for the track and zero it out for the streets. Then again, what costs more? Tire replacement or alignment costs.



Gotcha. My only problem is I daily drive my boss, and like you said having to shuffle back and forth getting re-aligned would add up fast!


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
 

Grant 302

basic and well known psychic
kody said:
Gotcha. My only problem is I daily drive my boss, and like you said having to shuffle back and forth getting re-aligned would add up fast!

You go go to one of those places that offer 'lifetime' alignments for a fixed price, or learn to do it yourself. I chose the latter. It's not that hard, and if you mark the positions/turns on the tie rod ends you can go between two settings without taking measurements.
 
95
0
Grant 302 said:
You go go to one of those places that offer 'lifetime' alignments for a fixed price, or learn to do it yourself. I chose the latter. It's not that hard, and if you mark the positions/turns on the tie rod ends you can go between two settings without taking measurements.


What kind of requirements are there to doing your own alignment?


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
 

Grant 302

basic and well known psychic

TMO Supporting Vendors

Top