The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

How the other half lives Alpine paddock

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dave_W

Cones - not just for ice cream
Exp. Type
Autocross
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Connecticut
Yeah, the WEC team really gets the short end of the stick compared to the F1 team.
1679068943913.png
Though I guess technically Sebring is a "fly-away" race for WEC, so it would be comparable to F1 going to Austin, and I don't think the F1 teams bring the fancy motorhomes to Texas.

I saw a couple weeks ago that this was the last year of the WEC contract with Sebring. Rumors were that FIA is not happy playing second-fiddle to IMSA for the 12-hour weekend, and they might return to COTA next year instead. Are you hearing anything about this from the folks there?

Yeah, the WEC team really gets the short end of the stick compared to the F1 team.
View attachment 84866
Though I guess technically Sebring is a "fly-away" race for WEC, so it would be comparable to F1 going to Austin, and I don't think the F1 teams bring the fancy motorhomes to Texas.

I saw a couple weeks ago that this was the last year of the WEC contract with Sebring. Rumors were that FIA is not happy playing second-fiddle to IMSA for the 12-hour weekend, and they might return to COTA next year instead. Are you hearing anything about this from the folks there?
Yep, heard the same stuff, it's a big pecker measuring contest any time you deal with europeans, and as stated above, they should just run the 12 hours like real racers do.
i guess the WEC is OK, from a crew standpoint, they are a major PITA to work around, using the same pits as weathertech is bad enough, I/we had an instense discussion on that thursday and had to get IMSA involved so we could actually set our fuel rig up. So when WEC is not there, we get our own pit stalls on the back straight, where they are set up.
These WEC guys show up with the "I'm better than you" attitudes, I have to occaisonally remind them there are two types of countries, one that put men on the moon and the ones that use the metric system., I don't put up wiht their crap, if they treat me right, I am more than happy to work with them, they have some outstanding personnel.
The only thing is, you have to have an english accent to be allowed in the WEC paddock.. lol.

Dave_W

Cones - not just for ice cream
Exp. Type
Autocross
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Connecticut
Well, it's official - WEC is going back to COTA for 2024 and ditching Sebring. With the alignment of rules between IMSA and ACO/FIA, though, maybe we'll get lucky and some of the WEC teams will show up for the 12-hour IMSA race.

TMO Supporting Vendors

Buy TMO Apparel

Buy TMO Apparel