How To Find a Used 550 w/PP2

Discussion in 'GT350 and S550 Technical Forum' started by lakeside, May 1, 2019.

1. Mad302

Mad302 TMO Race

OP i would look for a new or used 350 17 or later. By the time you've added coolers to everything you'll be better off. The trans alone will be ultimately better suited and wont be a paper weight. They can be had fairly cheap now compared to brand new. Just my thoughts on this. I tried looking for PP2 but when you want to track one coolers come into play and need added and i wasn't looking for a car that needed all that right of the bat to get going here in the south.

VoodooBoss and ArizonaBOSS like this.
  2. Bill Pemberton

Bill Pemberton TMO Addict

Many will likely get aggressive ( price wise ) on a GT Performance Pack, but PP2s are quite hard to even get and though we discount, the bigger issue is actually getting them. Your preference is fine , but most prefer something ready to go out of the box and having run with the Magneride, on track ,it kicks butt for the majority of folks. I argue ( with Mgmt ) to get Stangs ordered with few options, whether just with the GT Performance Pack or PP2, but most of the buyers are not like you , I and others on TMO. The issue I have found selling Performance Vehicles over 30 years , is about 10-15% are trackrats and the other 85% just want to pretend or say they are. That is why I love this site , because most are the serious asphalt pilots, here. That said , most road course guys seem to want more than a stripped model, as we learned the fallacy of ordering PP1s a few years back without Recaros, they did not sell well at all. Now , of course , they are not available except on the PP2 , but that seems to be the direction more enthusiast buyers are going. Not saying one is more correct than the other , that is just the direction many want, because they are not as hard core as you and I - you are all track focused and I run a BossS. Stripped , used PP1s or stripped PP2s , simply were rarely ordered , making the choice of finding one quite difficult. Surprisingly , more and more, warranty is becoming an issue with buyers , so when all the mods come from the factory, it is appealing to some?

3. 2012-Boss

2012-Boss TMO Addict

From a ready to go, factory backed warranty, the GT350 mentioned above starts to make a lot more sense. Without a rear differential cooler, a lot of intermediate and above drivers are going to have a hard time finishing a session in the summer heat without going into limp mode in the PP1 or PP2.

4. steveespo

steveespo Lord knows I'm a Voodoo Child Moderator

Of course I have owned or own stripped S550 PP1 and PP2 cars. I didn't order Recaros so I could use the money to buy 2 race seats. The cooler kit costs $995 if you want to just buy one ready to install or you can build and install it for about $600. I am glad the PP2s are rare, because with a little love they are fast as hell on track. Well now that I have proper transmission gearing in it.

VoodooBoss likes this.
  5. Drlee50

Drlee50 TMO Race

My vote would be a used gt350 as well. Prices of a pp2 are comparable to a 16 or 17 gt350. And.....perhaps the gt350 price will stay there. Resale on a mustang gt usually sucks. A pp1 or pp2 may hold up a bit better but not as good as a gt350. Unless the OP really wants direct injection and doesn't like a FP crank.... :)

Sent from my LG-H932 using Tapatalk

6. lakeside

lakeside TMO Intermediate

Last edited: May 9, 2019
  7. VoodooBoss

VoodooBoss Rick Moderator

My vote is a GT350 with either the Bullitt 480 HP engine or a 5.2L Aluminator. o_O

8. Drlee50

Drlee50 TMO Race

OP= original poster
    Didnt know your name Jay
    You can call me the OG
    :)

Sent from my LG-H932 using Tapatalk

9. lakeside

lakeside TMO Intermediate

I knew what OP meant, just enjoy knowing who I'm talking as opposed to the anominity of the internet. I assume we're all here for the same thing. I was talking to a guy at VIR for about a hour and we realized we had been going back and forth on a website without knowing each other