The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

How To Get Smoke Smell Out of Leather Seats?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

So I bought a set of GT500 take off leather skins for my rear seats. They were a good price and are in perfect condition but I forgot to ask the previous owner if he was a smoker. Bottom line is they reek of cigarette smoke and unless I can get them smelling better I'll have to sell them as I'm not putting them on my car the way they are.

Does anyone out there know of or has used a product or treatment that is effective for getting the odor out? Thanks

Search around as there's another thread on BMO that goes into great detail on how to remove the smell. Good luck!

Have you tried that upholstery cleaner that comes in a aerosol can with a brush attached to the top that foams? Sorry I forgot the name. Might be made by turtle wax and has that Oxy stuff in it.

TMO Supporting Vendors