The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

How to tell if you have a torsen?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Just bought a used (6900 miles) 2012 boss. It has recaros, and the cover.... But how do you tell if it has the torsen?

VWGTI123

2012 PW #2558
Giddyup said:
Just bought a used (6900 miles) 2012 boss. It has recaros, and the cover.... But how do you tell if it has the torsen?

If you dont mind me asking, what did you pay? Just want to see how the resale is holding up? Either way.. congrats. You are going to LOVE IT!!!

VWGTI123 said:
If you dont mind me asking, what did you pay? Just want to see how the resale is holding up? Either way.. congrats. You are going to LOVE IT!!!

Thanks for the VIN site. It found both Fords, but not the 2005 Mercury I traded.

I wonder what the end point is for their database?

I'm fairly certain its 2007 and only for fords. I bet there is a way to pull up lincolns and mercurys through another endpoint in that url. But otherwise a division of svt sells window stickers

http://www.fordshowparts.com/store_contents.cfm?cart_id=01534862370111114100831048298120090311&store_id=1&dept_id=-1&product_id=6967

fuhrius said:
the option to order the recaros, from the factory, also adds the torsen. so if the seats came in the car originally, it's got the torsen.

This is true only for the US-spec 2012s. Canadian 2012 Bosses have the seats and the Torsen as separate options.

TMO Supporting Vendors