The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

How to wash your car like Justin and ForceofWill

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Yes, ONR is very good for a waterless wash also. I keep a backpack sprayer(4gal) and 2 32oz bottles full of the mixture at all times. Mix a 32oz bottle at detail strength(about 2 oz) and water. Then just have your MF towels with you and that bottle. You can just spray down a panel, wipe with one towel and dry with another. The other great thing about this method is if you have a bucket/grit guard with one of the screw top lids, you can fill it up with the solution and towels, screw on the lid and just bring it with you in the car.

8)

ForceofWill said:
I agree that the Airforce is the safest way to dry. I just don't have $350 to drop on it right now. I have the sidekick and it works good for all the cubby holes. I would say this drying process comes with the same inherent risk as drying a normal wash with a waffle weave towel. I haven't had an issue with micro swirling being induced with these MF towels. And I inspect the car under multiple light sources all the time(LED,xenon,sun,halogen). The nap is fairly long on the MF towels and works well to encapsulate dirt. Eventually though I will most likely move to a multiple wash mitt method instead of MF towels. Ideally 6-7 of the Adam's merino mitts would be nice but that's really expensive lol. I think the regular wash pads should suffice.

I just still have a problem with the grit guard deal. The nap is so long on wash mitts/pads that there's no way you're getting EVERYTHING out of it. Reaching for a new sterile mitt/pad is where I want to be.

Of course we're all splitting OCD hairs here lol. There's probably 4 people on this forum that could tell the level of tiny swirling we're talking about being introduced.

Trust me when I say you will not need more than one! LOL I was worried about the same exact thing, but if you just simply put your hands through it you'll get 80% instantly since your hand will act like a sponge and then the water from the hose washing it will get about 90% of the remaining if there is any. So worst case you will have 2% or less remaining and that is stuff incredibly small. The key is washing it and running your other hand through the mitt after each pass.

Though do make sure you soak and run your hands through the mitt several dozen times to get the stuff out of it before the first wash(it is from animal and stuff can be still trapped in there).

Also sorry to poke at yah, but its just my OCD. Btw you should the get the Air Force blaster it's only $200 compared to the the master blaster and does the job only about 20% slower.

Ya, I've used the Adam's Merino, Justin had one. It's a nice mitt. I still like the wash pads though. Gonna see what my new garage is fused for before I buy a dryer. I think you need 20amp for the master blaster to run both motors.

Justin

Save the dawn for your dishes!!!
lol you guys are funny. I really see no more harm comes to the paint then after you wash the car and detail spray it down. and I know the "swirls" we are concerned about 98% of the people in the world dont even see lol.

I have had the fancy wool wash mit and it kept leaving hairs all over the car in the emblems and trim and just annoyed me so much I gave it away. went back to the adams wash pads.

I am like most of you guys I like my car clean everyday but the hassle and the cost of pulling out the hose gets tiresome and expensive. this method if done with care works great as a touch up on a very lightly soiled car. I wouldnt use it if the car was covered in heavy dirt like mud etc. maybe after a good heavy rinse with a hose.

this method is perfect to fill up a bucket screw on a lid and put it in the trunk to go to a car show. clean the car dry it and detail spray it down.

side note I love the smell of this ONR!!!!!

I know this is an old post, but thought I share a big thank you. This method with the ONR works great for me. When just some light/moderate cleaning is needed, out comes the sprayer with the ONR.

Thought I'd pass along another wash application I found oh so useful. When it's time for that big two bucket wash job on this car (or especially for our Expedition), after it's washed and rinsed, I use the sprayer with the ONR solution and quickly put a light spray down over the whole car. Then just dry as normal and it leaves a squeeky clean finish with absolutely no water spotting. Not sure why it drys so much better, but it just does.

If you don't have a blower to dry your car, use a backpack leaf blower. I have the biggest one from Home Depot, it clears my yard and driveway, then I wash the cars and use the blower to dry them. It blasts all the the remaining water off the cars. My son's Ice Hockey coach used to have his own Car Detail business and told me he uses his leaf blower. It never dawned on me till he told me that to use my leaf blower. Anyhow, he uses it on his 776hp Vette so I gave it a shot too and love it.

Chris

Justin

Save the dawn for your dishes!!!
Noellenchris said:
If you don't have a blower to dry your car, use a backpack leaf blower. I have the biggest one from Home Depot, it clears my yard and driveway, then I wash the cars and use the blower to dry them. It blasts all the the remaining water off the cars. My son's Ice Hockey coach used to have his own Car Detail business and told me he uses his leaf blower. It never dawned on me till he told me that to use my leaf blower. Anyhow, he uses it on his 776hp Vette so I gave it a shot too and love it.

Chris
I used to use a leaf blower too.

TMO Supporting Vendors