The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

How will these products do for me?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Been detailing for years, but only on BMWs which I understand have real hard paint. Just picked up a 14 GT in black. Products I have used in the past (and have lots of leftover from the last BMW) are:

Porter Cable R/O
3M Finesse It 2
Klasse All in One
Klasse Super Glaze
S100 Carnuba

303 protectant on all plastic inside and out.

I need knew pads and usually use Meg's red pad with the FI2 followed by the AIO with a Meg's yellow pad. Then 3 coats of SG (week apart) by hand.

Any suggestion for a pad other than what I'm already using?

Good question--just took delivery, so just the typical scratching/webbing left from dealer rag washing. After that, just routine maintenance (I like to do a the whole process every spring, and in the fall just the AIO, etc to prepare the surface for sealant.)

Just thought I'd check to make sure there isn't something out of whack with my process when I carry it over from the old cars to this one. I can use the same pads I am used to and do a test area and decide whether I need to get more aggressive from there.

cosm3os said:
Good question--just took delivery, so just the typical scratching/webbing left from dealer rag washing. After that, just routine maintenance (I like to do a the whole process every spring, and in the fall just the AIO, etc to prepare the surface for sealant.)

Just thought I'd check to make sure there isn't something out of whack with my process when I carry it over from the old cars to this one. I can use the same pads I am used to and do a test area and decide whether I need to get more aggressive from there.

Whatever process you used on the Bimmer (if it works) will be just fine with the Stang. I've found light scuffs and holograms can be removed with a finishing polish and a white pad, but deeper issues would require a good ole orange pad and some stronger swirl remover. The right product, pads and technique all work pretty well no matter what manufacturer's car you are using them on. I just traded my 335i for mustang #16, so I understand that exact switch. Grabber Blue is the first car I've ever owned that truly seems to have "soft" paint.

TMO Supporting Vendors

Latest posts

Buy TMO Apparel

Buy TMO Apparel