The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

HPDE Daytona 24 Hour Course

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nice. Those banks look fun. What was your top speed at Daytona?

Any idea what speed you were going into the bus stop at? Been watching vids of Joe and I don't think he even slow there :eek: How was the turn at the trioval, easy turn or more then it looks like?

2012YellowBoss said:
Any idea what speed you were going into the bus stop at? Been watching vids of Joe and I don't think he even slow there :eek: How was the turn at the trioval, easy turn or more then it looks like?

The bus stop eats cars, never really looked maybe 85 - 95? (slower at other times!) plenty fast............for me!

Trioval no problem, turn 7 (NASCAR 2) turn 10 and 11 NASCAR 3/4) are scary fast; lots to do, being passed stay low, but don't get tires off of the banking, passing it looks like plenty of room on TV, not so much at 140 plus with the wall "RIGHT" there! :eek:

There's also the feeling of gravity pushing down, wild!

Remember if you get an instructor that has a P car those guys have really different lines than our Mustangs.

Good stuff! Man that banking looks like a blast. I can imagine the wall being right there adds a pucker factor :D Curious where you had your camera mounted.

OLOABoss

AKA OLOABoss
2012YellowBoss said:

Scott,

Yes you will slow for the Bus Stop if you kept your foot planted thru Nascar 1&2 you will be going 140+ Turning into the infield after Nascar 3&4 is not bad and if you miss the braking zone you have plenty of runoff.

Peter

MrGT5oh said:
Great video!

Thanks for sharing.

What camera, mount did you use? Where did you have it mounted?

Suction cup from the "gopro hero" kit, passenger side front window, and it really didn't block my vision!

ArizonaBOSS

Because racecar.
Arizona, USA
Here is the Multimatic in-car footage from Daytona, 171 mph before turn 1, 165 before braking to enter the bus stop!

[youtube]IVIW4Tiqw8I[/youtube]

ArizonaGT said:
Here is the Multimatic in-car footage from Daytona, 171 mph before turn 1, 165 before braking to enter the bus stop!

[youtube]IVIW4Tiqw8I[/youtube]

Damn! I forgot about that video, here I'm happy with my lap and then you see what a real racecar and driver can do!

Thanks for the buzz kill! ;D

I guess my estimate of 85-95 going through the bus stop was a little optimistic, looks the Boss 302 entry and exit is "close" to the 302R about 70ish on entry and 80ish on exit, it would be fun to get to be a 302R Piloti for a day!

BTY, Ted from Total Mustang Supply was out with his Boss and ran a lap in the 2:10 range with me having a fast lap of about 2:18 then looking at the Mulitmatic car running a 2:02................ :eek:

I was thinking about 55 at the bus stop, not that I know - just a guess to start with. I have to ask Henry this week if we can use directionals in the banking vs. point-bys. I think I will want both hands on the wheel there :eek:

Watching that vid and taking the ride with them at Miller is for sure a buzz kill on my skills ......

2012YellowBoss said:
I was thinking about 55 at the bus stop, not that I know - just a guess to start with.

I put both videos up on the screen and ran them at different points on the course; the 302R is anywhere from 3 to 5 seconds faster through the infield, way faster on the banking and about the same through the bus stop.

2012YellowBoss said:
I have to ask Henry this week if we can use directional’s in the banking vs. point-bys. I think I will want both hands on the wheel there :eek:
Watching that vid and taking the ride with them at Miller is for sure a buzz kill on my skills ......

With PBOC point-by or turn signal between the International Horseshoe (turn 3) and turn 5, turn signals only on the banking.

Did you have Joe Foster as your instructor at Miller?

5 DOT 0 said:
Joe was the lead instructor when Scott and I were there. I did hot laps with Joe and he knows how to drive "flat out". It was amazing to experience the true capabilities of the 2012 Boss Mustangs. 8).

I'm hoping "Front Row Joe" will be there when I attend!

I am not sure how their schedule works. Joe was teaching but Charlie spent a lot of one on one time with me. Charlie picked up on many things to help me in the short time we had, I was amazed how much I walked away with given the time limitations.

TMO Supporting Vendors