The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

HR262 made its way home!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

After a long wait, HR262 is now home safe and sound. Many thanks to Rick (@VoodooBoss) and T (@50deep) for the advice and referrals. Elk Grove Ford made the process quite smooth. I've already decontaminated the paint but once the weather clears, I still need to clay bar and perform a full cut and polish before my appointment for clear bra and tint in early December.

https://www.amazon.com/photos/share/C04PWtCCbOcSCnwgD5JZEfLw9PJqrAStxtgDZPrYQc8

The dealer and I discussed what was to and NOT to be performed during the "PDI." I only had them check the fluids and send me on my way. Stripes are straight with no swirls, panel gaps are tight, spring spacers were removed and the suspension was re-calibrated. No out of the ordinary engine ticks or interior rattles *knocks on wood*. After 4 total hours and two total attempts I managed to get the splitter on successfully and yes it rubs on everything! I definitely need to "learn" how to drive this car. So far the three of us (wife myself and my 8 month old co-pilot) are enjoying the new addition to the family. Before anyone asks, yes I will be adding the rear seat kit to all of the fam can ride along. ;)

Justins%20r_zpsit1pmaze.jpg

Congratulations, that's a great looking car and family! Let's go break it in at Thunderhill!

302 Hi Pro

Boss 302 - Racing Legend to Modern Muscle Car
Southeast
Straightliner1:

OMGosh, and it's an "R"!

Those are the first pics I've seen of a 350R in Grabber Blue, and I think you will turn a lot of heads when you cruise this ride down the street. Sweet Ride.

All the Best with your new Shelby,
Dave
2HP

Thanks all! I was forced to let go of my '13 GB Boss due to all of my commuting for my job a few years back. I now have what I will call "elective vehicles" I can leverage on a more regular basis, saving the R for spirited driving to work / trackdays / grocery store trips. And to confirm, the entire family loves it, even moreso than the Boss. I won't even get started on the crowds it draws at work! :eek:

Very good looking car brother. Any mustang in grabber blue is sharp, but this is a whole new level! Enjoy the hell out of it!!!

Bill Pemberton

0ld Ford Automotive Racing Terror
Exp. Type
Time Attack
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Blair, Nebraska
Totally agree the Grabber looks great with the top and black stripes. Have seen one solid and definitely prefer the combo on yours. Have fun and we are all envious Santa visited you early!!

Thank you all for the compliments! This car wasn't due until May of 2017, so it literally came as a shock. Long story... just glad it's home, safe and secure. Now if the damn rain would let up? : /

Quick update... As we all know the paint is ridiculously frail on these cars so I've purposefully kept the miles off of it until I can get it PPF'd. When I brought the car home the day after Black Friday, I called my buddy at Pinnacle Auto Spa in Rocklin and scheduled a time to drop it off. Windows were tinted immediately (20%) and we had the PPF vendor look the car over. The matte stripes are proving challenging but we finally have that sorted and will be "wrapping" that up later this week. I took off work Thursday and spent the day at his shop where I took advantage of his fluorescent lighting and did the grunt work, clay barring and a full polish on the car. I managed to spend 2.5 hours on the roof and another hour on the carbon wing, ensuring every last scratch was removed. We then followed up with the first of 3 coats of Ceramic Pro 9h nano protection. We ran out of time but with the weather being nasty I'm in no hurry. I still need to make another trip over to the shop to decontaminate the wheels, calipers and perform a full polish before laying down ceramic coat on those items. The front end will be clear bra'd (Xpel Ultimate) sometime this week. My hope is to have the car back in another week. Anyway, enough rambling, onto the pics187ef76149975eacee78604acc52ce64.jpgb51b671e4e682a74afd932f5fe08c8fc.jpgb01e585a3f8c99ac19ba46cc65e99c4a.jpg4ce3bf856d1c3affedb9a1282deecca3.jpgd133a2fac24a9b6e2cc490c3337ed78f.jpgaa67817e71fd98a5f4d3febf52aab279.jpgf6f3398856838af157acf78aa76cc9cf.jpgc3fdec03e65c173b1455e3a3d06a4465.jpg1c29739eaea449662db1d08208a7fb81.jpgb9f32771a81cbb337cefdddc6d20cad8.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TymeSlayer

Tramps like us, Baby we were born to run...
Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
3-5 Years
Brighton, Colorado
Car looks amazing Justin. The fruits of your labor is paying off. I know some folks like the stripe delete but I'm digging it with the little red in it as well.

Sydewaysix said:
So sexy, Justin! Is that ceramic coating supposed to protect the paint from scratches?

Yes Ian, it's designed to protect the paint from light to moderate scratches such as those from towel drying and those unplanned "jean-butted" touchdowns we always find after the fact from parking lots and tight garages.

TymeSlayer said:
Car looks amazing Justin. The fruits of your labor is paying off. I know some folks like the stripe delete but I'm digging it with the little red in it as well.

Thank you! Can't wait for the car to be completed and the weather to clear so I can wring it out *evil grin*

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TMO Supporting Vendors

Latest posts

Buy TMO Apparel

Buy TMO Apparel