The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Humorous comparison

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SRT8 has better suspension... rofl. That thing wallows like... ok that expression probably isn't appropriate here. But it is a boat.

Also it says 4.0 60 time for the Boss, does that seem accurate to everyone? The 1LE articles keep saying 4.5

zzyzx

Steve
4.0 seems low, but is in keeping with this video by Motor Trend:

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FPl35-eQIls[/youtube]

four-walling

Kerry, San Diego
zzyzx said:
So, I informed a friend that I got a Boss. He was surprised and happy to hear it. That said, he's a Jeep guy with a bent on Chrysler products and like the Challenger. I can see why, more his style.

Then he sent me this link to prove to me how good the Challenge really is:

http://carsort.com/compare/Dodge-Challenger-SRT8-vs-Ford-Mustang-Boss-302

I got to admit, I had a pretty good laugh. ;D

Practicality:

The Challenger has 2 more cupholders.

It is pretty hard to dispute hard, empirical evidence like that.

I guess the Challenger really is the better car because of it...

zzyzx

Steve
Regarding Zzyzx, yes it is.

Though I currently reside in Florida, I grew up in SoCal.

Whale at the track

There was a 392 at Sonoma yesterday. It was setup really nice and he was running in the advance group. It sounded as good as it looked.

IMG_1415.jpg

ufnavy06

Some say he has a tattoo of his face on his face.
Some of my favorite quotes from the comparison:

"Both offer a manual transmission, unlike most in this class" - That's a disappointing factoid.

In regards to power-weight ratio: "Both provide sporty handling" - Didn't realize this was indicative of handling prowess.

"Neither offers speed-sensitive volume" - False, the Boss does.

"If you want to keep the kids occupied with an entertainment system, it comes standard in the Challenger SRT8; no amount of money can buy it on the Mustang Boss 302" - Thought it was a funny way to say this.

Re: Whale at the track

5 DOT 0 said:
There was a 392 at Sonoma yesterday. It was setup really nice and he was running in the advance group. It sounded as good as it looked.

IMG_1415.jpg

That thing would take a ton of setup to perform well on a track, if we think the camero is big, those things are huuuuuge!!!! Not taking anything away from it, I think dodge did the best retro car, the challenger looks good. But as a track car, not so much. I think they weigh 5500 pounds. Just kidding before everyone corrects me. But really they are hogs.

Justin

Save the dawn for your dishes!!!
That was the stupidest comparo I have seen. Nothing based on real life. The boss out performs the challenger everyday of the week lol. Just because it makes more hp doesnt mean its faster. What idiot wrote that?

batman48195

I never get tired of driving it!
What they didn't realize is that the Boss beats the SRT8 in the categories it was designed for, ACCELERATION, CORNERING and BRAKING. What was the SRT8 designed for? It doesn't seem like it was built for any purpose.

Brian

four-walling

Kerry, San Diego
The Dodge Challenger is built on a shortened 4 door Dodge Charger platform.

That is why the car does not seem to be built for any "sporty car" purpose.

batman48195 said:
What they didn't realize is that the Boss beats the SRT8 in the categories it was designed for, ACCELERATION, CORNERING and BRAKING. What was the SRT8 designed for? It doesn't seem like it was built for any purpose.

Brian

That's what makes this so hilarious, the Boss won every performance category, but then hey picked the Challenger as the winner for performance......because it has more horsepower!!

MA
No need to read this foist article after all these comments, but I will say that the Challenged seduced me with it's looks enough so that I test drove one before my Boss. Observations:

First, the dealer would not let me drive any 'new' Challenger because they were a "collectors" item and could not have any miles put on them before delivery! So they let me take a 2010 RT, 6 speed. Let me tell you, that car is so HUGE my 2011 GT felt like a Fox Body mustang after that experience. I am not joking! Power wise it was "ok", could spin the tires on a 1-2 power shift and from a roll in 1st, but that is it. Handling? What handling? I had a 2001 Ford Lightning a long time ago that felt more athletic than the Challenger. Again, I'm not kidding!

I went to another Dodge dealer across town, same thing, no test drives allowed! Wow, and I'm a middle aged guy too! Called a Dodge dealer where I bought a truck from once and explained I was interested in driving a new 392, and would not entertain an RT model, and I'd be a serious buyer. They explained no test drives. So I then thanked them for making my decision easier. A day later the sales manager called and wanted to deliver a 392 to my house and I could take it for a day to test drive. I explained it was too late, I'd already written off the car due to the poor sales experience.

They are fat pigs, but they do look nice. I'm surprised they continue to produce them with their dealers pulling this nonsense though.

TMO Supporting Vendors

Latest posts

Buy TMO Apparel

Buy TMO Apparel