The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Hurst Competition Short Throw Shifter

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sesshomurai

I had this installed today (didn't have time myself). Amazing difference. After about 150 shifts, not one problem, unusual feedback or inconsistency*.
No shift "bite", syncro timing issues, gear lock or other peculiar sensations in the shift cycle.

Half the shift throw of the stock. Nice feedback and consistent from gear to gear (i.e. no good gears and bad gears. all feel the same).
It snaps into gear easily with a firm (stable) engagement and balance. Shifting is way more confident for me now.

It's not sticky or tight at all at first. Used the stock shift stick which comes with the kit. I like it better than the Hurst retro stick. Driving experience majorly elevated now.

* Around town driving and spirited backroad cruising.

[1] http://www.cjponyparts.com/hurst-manual-shifter-competition-plus-short-throw-v6-gt-boss-302-2011-2012/p/MS12/

Thats a good cheaper alternative to the mgw and glad it is working great for you just dont get into an older gt with that shifter system it will show you just how crappy our trans are compared to the older gen mustangs. I made the misstake of driving my friends 2008 gt with the hurst system in it and damn wish ours felt that good.

Sesshomurai

The real test comes after 2 days at the track. I'll report on this thread after Oct 7 about that.

TMO Supporting Vendors

Latest posts

Buy TMO Apparel

Buy TMO Apparel