The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Hurst shifter?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Every manual transmission car I've ever owned has had a Hurst shifter. I drove my 2010 Challenger today and the Hurst shifter is so much more precise than the Boss OEM shifter. I know MGW is getting good reviews, but does anyone have any thoughts on the Hurst shifter for the Boss?

The BIG advantage of the MGW is the superior design of the shifter bracket. If you go with the Hurst, and I'm sure it's fine, get the new V.2 Barton shifter bracket that's similar to the MGW.

It doesn't have a revers lock out so you never know if you are in revers or first. I think it comes with a light you have to install in the dash that tells you when you are in revers. Just the looks of it looks kinda cheesey. JMO.

5 DOT 0 said:
The BIG advantage of the MGW is the superior design of the shifter bracket. If you go with the Hurst, and I'm sure it's fine, get the new V.2 Barton shifter bracket that's similar to the MGW.

Are you talking about the 2 post bracket?

TMO Supporting Vendors

Latest posts

Buy TMO Apparel

Buy TMO Apparel