The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Hydroplaned the boss time for some body work IDEAS?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hydroplaned the boss last week On the way home from Winston Salem It started pouring rain I hit a Wet patch and BAM! The car spun into the steel cables in the middle of the road. The interesting thing is every single body panel is destroyed yet no airbags deployed and no windows are broken. Also the Structurally the car is totally fine even though every panel will need replacing even the Roof. It sucks I just got my tiger racing hood and LS spoiler as well as my makeshift 302s grille. The only reason I even drove it that day was because my honda wouldnt start.

Anyways, does anyone have any ideas on some styling updates or changes to the car I have been given a blank canvas.

I know im going to swap it over to a 2013 rear end. Does any one have any knowledge on whats involved with this?

Any help or ideas would be appreciated.

Thank you.

The masterg8 said:
I know im going to swap it over to a 2013 rear end. Does any one have any knowledge on whats involved with this?

Any help or ideas would be appreciated.

Thank you.

Pretty sure all you need are the lights, the bumper skin and the valance. I haven't done it but from what I have seen that's all you need.

Thanks from what ive gathered that's all I would need to do it. The only concern I have is the wiring on the tailights all though I don't see why it would be different.

Wow that sucks. I'm pretty sure all the 2013 pieces are bolt on. Don't forget about the 2013 GT500 pieces if you want to install the quad exhaust tips.

Tulsa, OK
Sorry to hear about your hydroplaning incident. I was going to suggest the tiger racing hood and '13 rear end but looks like you're already there ;) GT500 quad exhaust would be pretty bangin

Grant 302

basic and well known psychic
The masterg8 said:
The only reason I even drove it that day was because my honda wouldnt start.

Ouch!

NewBossowner said:
Pretty sure all you need are the lights, the bumper skin and the valance. I haven't done it but from what I have seen that's all you need.

I think that's right and that the bumper foam is only different for the 13+ front. And I agree that the GT500 quad tips would look great.

The masterg8 said:
Thanks from what ive gathered that's all I would need to do it. The only concern I have is the wiring on the tailights all though I don't see why it would be different.

I believe the wiring for the lights is the same, plug and play.

Bay Area
Man sorry to hear about your incident. That really sucks. Can you share some pics so we can see the battle damage.

But since your looking for ideas here is what I suggest, if you have cash. All carbon fiber body panels

http://www.mustangrtr.com/mustang-rtr-c.php#001

Man that sucks. My car is finally in the shop from a minor front end scrape. It's been over a month since the accident. Been driving me crazy. Supposed to be done by Friday. Not a lot of damage but I'm taking advantage of the time to swap out both front grilles and to get the new T springs installed.

Good luck with the repairs. Would like to see pics to see what you are working with.

I like a lot of things in the Ring Brothers Mustang like the front bumper cover. Also their stripes are all custom carbon fiber. Always thought it would be cool to do 3D Boss 302 carbon fiber stripes...if I had the bucks.

http://ringbrothers.com/2013-mustang-switchback

Tulsa, OK
I think you need these ;D

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=485088754915796&set=a.453878684703470.1073741835.105313752893300&type=1&theater

jneary

Performance Fords
Norcal
Way too many folks cracking up their cars on here! That really sucks... This is the reason that i keep my old car for rainy days. I am really afraid, even with traction control, that I'm gonna make a mistake in the rain!

ArizonaGT said:
Get the GT500 rear lower valance and the GT500 quad-tip mufflers.

Does the 2013 rear lower valance bolt up to a 2012 upper rear bumper cover? I didn't think it did. I think you have to wind up buying the 13 upper and lower.

Here is my problem I am running into the 2012 boss has black trim around the entire car including the bumper. The 2013 bosses have body color trim on the sides. On the 2013 bumper the lower rear fascia doesn't wrap around the bumper in its entirety like it does on the 2012. I think its gonna clash with the design of the car because im gonna have black trim down all of side of the car but not on left and right sides of the bumpers. What are everyones thoughts on this is it a problem, Or is there a solution? I guess i could paint the side molding body color but id rather not. Do yall think it will matter?

Below are the side profile picks of a 2012 and 2013 boss. Tell me what yall think will the 2013 rear work on a 2012?

http://img.netcarshow.com/Ford-Mustang_Boss_302_2012_1600x1200_wallpaper_26.jpg
http://image.motortrend.com/f/roadtests/coupes/1111_2013_ford_shelby_gt500_and_2013_mustang_lineup/35750035+w799+h499+cr1+ar0/2013-ford-boss-mustang-302-left-side-view.jpg

you could vinyl wrap the bottom portion of the bumper and install the roush splitter... not sure how it would look from the back tho, or paint your side splitters

TMO Supporting Vendors