The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Hyperloop To Open In India

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

In the V6L
Yea that won’t take long.
It's 0.76 G's for 40 seconds to get to 670 mph and 40 more seconds to get stopped before you run out of track. The train rides on a magnetic field, so there's no wheels to attach brakes to, and there's no air in the tunnel to use any aero brakes, so the only way to stop is to reverse the propulsion system (and pray).

TMSBOSS

Spending my pension on car parts and track fees.
Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
10-20 Years
Illinois
The train rides on a magnetic field, so there's no wheels to attach brakes to, and there's no air in the tunnel to use any aero brakes, so the only way to stop is to reverse the propulsion system (and pray).

What could possibly go wrong?? :rolleyes:

drano38

Wayne
It's 0.76 G's for 40 seconds to get to 670 mph and 40 more seconds to get stopped before you run out of track
I rode the centrifuge once - the acceleration to the top Gs was fine, but spinning down sucked big time--felt like I was inside a big tire rolling down hill. I still have the VCR tape, and there's plenty of cuss words. Of course the 'fuge spins in a circle, so the train acceleration /deceleration won't be as bad. Hope it works for them.

TMO Supporting Vendors