The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

i-1 Procharger in the BADBOSS

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ArizonaBOSS said:
When does she get to the dyno? What are your power expectations?

I dropped off all my i-1 programming books to JDM last week. I had a whiteline bushing and drivshaft upgrade at that time. I'm told that i'll get custom dyno time by Jim Sr. next week at JDM(crosses fingers). Those guys are really freakin busy !!!
So next week my expectations are custom JDM breathers + dyno tune and around 640-650 whp. I break loose in 4th with brand new 295 PSS tires in the rear now but running VERY rich on the canned tune so once i get i dialed in i should be around there. Others with my exact setup (no cats and headers) are in the 650+ range. Plugs and injectors already upgraded as well as a roush BAP. Even now before getting tuned up, this shiznit is real scary fast. With the i-1 the boost is like a pd blower and runs @ 8.5 currently. Post tune will be running @ 10psi....well see what Jim Sr recommends. I'm betting hell say no 10 psi until i get a fuel system - he doesnt like BAPs :)

big red one said:
any updates?

Yea 2 things... Jack and shiznit :) Still waiting on JDM to get me in. Was supposed to be this week but was pushed again due to Jim Sr going to lots of technical seminars. So still on the canned tune - which is no slouch but no dyno tune either.

Will update when i get my BOSS in there - videos and the whole shabang

LP Heaven said:
Yes - i've removed JDM Engineering from my list of performance shops i'd bring my car to or recommendations. My BOSS is headed to JPC
I in jersey also....please explain why??? First off>>>>is everything OK with your Procharged Boss. Second, Was it because they did something wrong or blew you off or both. JDM has a high rating in mustang tuning in Jersey. Would really like to know why. if you dont want to post you can PM me. Thanks and I'm shocked.

superhero said:
I in jersey also....please explain why??? First off>>>>is everything OK with your Procharged Boss. Second, Was it because they did something wrong or blew you off or both. JDM has a high rating in mustang tuning in Jersey. Would really like to know why. if you dont want to post you can PM me. Thanks and I'm shocked.

I received a call from Jim Sr. today and after a very long and nice discussion, my BOSS will remain a JDM build. I deleted my other post because I feel its no longer needed. I did shop around and stayed on the canned procharger tune because im one of those guys who when he gets a plumber electrician etc thats good, you dont switch or do your best to keep a good thing going. Its a trust thing for me. My previous NA dyno tune by JDM was killer.

So me and JDM hit a SNAFU in our relationship, we're now moving past it and once the fuckall NJ roads are good enough for me to bring out my BOSS, she goes back to JDM for a dyno tune and maybe a few more surprises. So i was upset ( i really didnt want to use a different speed shop and was beside myself ) and now am happy and thats that.

TMO Supporting Vendors

Buy TMO Apparel

Buy TMO Apparel