The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

I am tired of the rear end

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Haha Jimmy, you've been chasing the tail of this relo story since the beginning.
I recall you having posted your first photographs of cars without using relo's and not getting the answer you were expecting from one of the mech's....

I suspect the team(s) opted to sacrifice anti squat in order to gain anti lift under hard braking...thus the lack of relos. The reason I say this is that the effect of roll steer is less dramatic, and easier compensated than any change in rear end rise under braking. But whatever, pure speculation on my part. My 2c.

So basically here is what I concluded:

1) wider and stickier tires are the best value/performance advantage ( very obvious and universally agreed on among all articles I have read, all people I met, all forums I searched and more importantly my personal experience in the non Boss cars I had/have)

2) my suspension plan may further benefit the rear end

However if I have only $2000, I would rather spend them on tires.

I guess my concern will end up being NOT hurting the car performance/rear end traction with the suspension mods I am heading to. Otherwise the tires route is always a guaranteed success over the stock ones.

TMO Supporting Vendors

Buy TMO Apparel

Buy TMO Apparel