The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

I did a thing.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

1 old racer

Too blessed to be stressed and old track whore,
Exp. Level
20+ Years
fontana ca.
My S550 has a complete set of Ford track springs, struts and shocks, ( as well as a few more goodies), so it is lowered about 1" in the front and with 3/8' steeda spacers agout 5/8" in the rear. I just installed a Steeda front sub frame k-brace which caused the ground clearance to drop about 3/8 of a inch. This proved to be too low for my quick jacks to be stored under the car. So I built a set of full length ramps. I should note that this is my 2nd set. I had to built a set for my Honda S2000 track car years ago just to get a floor jack under the jacking points. Anyway the ramps are modular so I can rempve the center section to position the quick jack, and once jacked up i can remove the sections under thee wheels easily if needed. I used 2x4's and 23/32 ply wood for this ramp. for my honda I used 2x6's and 23/32 ply wood. I really like it as I did the one I built for my honda. Anyway thought I would share.

20201219_144551.jpg

20201219_182319.jpg

1 old racer

Exp. Level
20+ Years
fontana ca.
Very nice. I think I might try that myself. thanks
for sharing.
If you do the basic dims are front : 2'x18" , center: 7'x18", adn the rear 3'x18". Also note, I am more then likely going to cut the center section down and install a latches. that way the whole thing can be stacked.

Last edited:

1 old racer

Exp. Level
20+ Years
fontana ca.
Just the pp1 splitter. The ramps I built for my lowered S2000 I used 2x6 framing. I just made the ramped part of the 3 feet long,(this one is only 1 foot with a 2 foot landing ),which allowed the front tires to start lifting before the splitter hit the top of the ramp. If your Mustang is low or a long splitter just make a longer ramp runner

xr7

TMO Addict?
Exp. Type
Autocross
Exp. Level
10-20 Years
Minnesota
Just the pp1 splitter. The ramps I built for my lowered S2000 I used 2x6 framing. I just made the ramped part of the 3 feet long,(this one is only 1 foot with a 2 foot landing ),which allowed the front tires to start lifting before the splitter hit the top of the ramp. If your Mustang is low or a long splitter just make a longer ramp runner
Would you mind shooting a photo of the bottom side or did you box it in? I wondering if you ran one or two internal supports? Or is it filled with Styrofoam?

1 old racer

Exp. Level
20+ Years
fontana ca.
thank you and I agree about this forum. I feel I can ask a stupid question and not feel stupid for doing it. Also I just cut my 7' mid section into two 3'-6" pcs. now I can stack them easily.

Ludachris

Chris
Staff member
Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
5-10 Years
Newcastle, CA
My S550 has a complete set of Ford track springs, struts and shocks, ( as well as a few more goodies), so it is lowered about 1" in the front and with 3/8' steeda spacers agout 5/8" in the rear. I just installed a Steeda front sub frame k-brace which caused the ground clearance to drop about 3/8 of a inch. This proved to be too low for my quick jacks to be stored under the car. So I built a set of full length ramps. I should note that this is my 2nd set. I had to built a set for my Honda S2000 track car years ago just to get a floor jack under the jacking points. Anyway the ramps are modular so I can rempve the center section to position the quick jack, and once jacked up i can remove the sections under thee wheels easily if needed. I used 2x4's and 23/32 ply wood for this ramp. for my honda I used 2x6's and 23/32 ply wood. I really like it as I did the one I built for my honda. Anyway thought I would share.

View attachment 60747

View attachment 60748
Great idea and great execution. Well done!

TMO Supporting Vendors

Latest posts

Buy TMO Apparel

Buy TMO Apparel