The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

I did what I said I wouldn't - suspension parts are in route

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hey Gary, guess what I got last night? ;D Yup my Relocation brackets came in with my LCA. Can't wait to put them on. If I have time tonight I'll post some pics.

Nice. I was just told mine are now backordered until May 4th ??? Oh well, I wasn't going to make this event this weekend and my next one isn't until Memorial Day weekend so I guess it doesn't really matter.

What springs did you go with to lower it?

cloud9 said:
Nice. I was just told mine are now backordered until May 4th ??? Oh well, I wasn't going to make this event this weekend and my next one isn't until Memorial Day weekend so I guess it doesn't really matter.

I haven't gottem them yet but I was thinking of the Ford Racing M-5300-K. I was thinking of just doing the rear. I want to do some more research and talk to some more BOSS guys at the track events.

ORANGE CRUSH said:
cloud9 said:

I haven't gottem them yet but I was thinking of the Ford Racing M-5300-K. I was thinking of just doing the rear. I want to do some more research and talk to some more BOSS guys at the track events.
I'm curious, why the relocation brackets now if you haven't lowered it yet?

I have them for when I'm ready and I was already getting to LCA's so I figuered I get them too. So when I decide on the springs I'll have everything i need to make mine alittle more like an S.

All I need now is Springs, Jounce Bumpers M-5570-A and Frpp Sway Bar Hardware Kit M5490A.

Almost forgot the ADJUSTABLE PANHARD BAR.

Well apparently I should have planned ahead like you ;D. I have a pallet with all that other stuff but no LCA relo brackets so that means it sits. :-X

ORANGE CRUSH said:
Well I could send you mine and when you get yours you can send them to me, if you really want them that bad. ;D
LOL, we both have useless parts collecting dust right now. Appreciate the offer but hopefully they'll ship next week as promised. I just need to have it installed before Memorial Day weekend. Good luck on your spring decision! I'll let you know what I think of the P springs once installed.

ArizonaGT said:
When/where is the first track day shakedown, and do you have existing times there for benchmarking?
May 26th and 27th at MPH. I ran there 6 days last year and twice this April so should have some decent comparisons. I'm pretty far down the learning curve there so hopefully can see some gains from just the suspension changes. It's a track where you're almost always turning so if the suspension helps, it should show up in the lap times.

I guess that I am confused. Changing out the LCA is a good idea, but to drop the arms to the lowest position on the brackets will help for traction on launch and straight line acceleration. I have been told by an American Iron Extreme R/racer that when tracking the Boss you want the stock Boss rear springs installed and the control arms in the level position for tracking. If some of you know a good shop that sets up R/R cars you might ask what they do. Thanks.

Today's the day. Waiting for photos and write-up. ;D

daddyfixer said:
I guess that I am confused. Changing out the LCA is a good idea, but to drop the arms to the lowest position on the brackets will help for traction on launch and straight line acceleration. I have been told by an American Iron Extreme R/racer that when tracking the Boss you want the stock Boss rear springs installed and the control arms in the level position for tracking. If some of you know a good shop that sets up R/R cars you might ask what they do. Thanks.
Correct. Mine are going in the upper holes of the LCA relocation brackets.

Here are few early shots. The UCA and sperical bearing are in and they are beefy. Much easier to do without a back seat ;D The LCAs are in the factory locations temporarily as a place holder while he installed the UCA. The stock parts are all out of the car except the front struts. Here's a pic for anyone interested in buying them.....Andy :D

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

TMO Supporting Vendors

Latest posts

Buy TMO Apparel

Buy TMO Apparel