The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

I did what I said I wouldn't - suspension parts are in route

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LOL well she's halfway to Seattle with my son in his '12 Focus on a three day road trip. I'm guessing the Boss will feel like a Lincoln by the time she's done! ;D

cloud9 said:
I was surprised that I noticed virtually no increased NVH so far. I haven't driven it with windows up yet so I will try that today.

**edit - drove windows up and no radio (I never drive this way) on the way to the gym this morning. As expected, rear end whine and mild clunk (not clank) from the control arms is more noticeable. I have rod ends on all control arm connections with NO bushings. If you went with poly bushings you probably wouldn't notice any difference. It's still WAY quieter than my GT500 and far from annoying.....at least for me ;)

Looks good Gary. What was your reason for not going with the poly bushings?

BossJockey said:
cloud9 said:
I was surprised that I noticed virtually no increased NVH so far. I haven't driven it with windows up yet so I will try that today.

**edit - drove windows up and no radio (I never drive this way) on the way to the gym this morning. As expected, rear end whine and mild clunk (not clank) from the control arms is more noticeable. I have rod ends on all control arm connections with NO bushings. If you went with poly bushings you probably wouldn't notice any difference. It's still WAY quieter than my GT500 and far from annoying.....at least for me ;)

Looks good Gary. What was your reason for not going with the poly bushings?
Thanks. Performance on the track.

The more I drive it, the more I like it. The car just feels like it's on rails now and is more fun to drive. The rear end is much more planted under acceleration. I'm getting really antsy to take it on track but the youngest's graduation comes first. Two weeks to wait it out.... ::)

ORANGE CRUSH said:
Looks good Gary thanks for the feed back and pics. I can't wait to get mine all bottoned up. Just ordered my MGW shifter Friday and now a month to wait.
Thanks. You'll like the shifter. The more I use it the more I appreciate it. At first I didn't notice a big difference but maybe it just needed to break in because now I really do think it's smoother than my stock one.

I posted this in another forum but I'll repost it here:

It's a beautiful 70 degree day and being Sunday, very light traffic. I had a chance to get out and really push the car trying my best to initiate the dreaded understeer. No matter how hard I pushed (keeping it on the road on street tires) it just rotated. If anything there is an occasional hint of oversteer which is easily managed with the throttle. I have the front bar on full soft and am one step softer on the rear dampers so there's plenty of room to dial it out if I wanted to. I'm really impressed with this kit and would recommend it for anyone interested in making their Boss a better handling street car. I can't comment on the track performance yet, but it's pretty obvious it's going to be a big improvement. Just eliminating the brake dive is worth it alone.

cloud9 said:
I reached the tipping point last weekend at MPH. The brake dive and body roll on quick transitions was getting to me now that I'm harnessed into the race seat and not bracing myself before every turn. Moving closer to an "S". At some point I'll have to price window nets.

Boss 302S suspension parts list:
FRPP 302S Rear LCAs M-5649-S
FRPP Rear LCA relo brackets M-5650-A
FRPP Lowering Springs M-5300-P
FRPP Dampers M-18000-C
FRPP Adj panhard bar M-4264-A
FRPP Jounce Bumpers M-5570-A
FRPP Swaybars M-5490-A
Steeda Competition 3rd link 555-4106
Steeda Spherical Bearing 555-4104

The wife's not going to like riding in the Boss much anymore ;D
Well I guess I am going to bite the bullet and go for it.Gary has convinced me!
Boy his he a bad influence! I like those kind of influences!
Thanks buddy!

2012052010492536ztjr.jpg

I am loving that adjustable panhard bar. The one that I have adjusts from both ends but you can't tighten up the drivers side without unbolting it and dropping it down. It's not like it easily slides out either. Pain in the butt!

Yea I had a BMR on my GT500 that didn't have the centering nut like this one and you had to go up and down on and off until you got it just right. PITA is right!

PeteInCT

#LS-378 - So many Porsche's, so little time....
Connecticut
cloud9 said:
ORANGE CRUSH said:
Looks good Gary thanks for the feed back and pics. I can't wait to get mine all bottoned up. Just ordered my MGW shifter Friday and now a month to wait.
Thanks. You'll like the shifter. The more I use it the more I appreciate it. At first I didn't notice a big difference but maybe it just needed to break in because now I really do think it's smoother than my stock one.

I posted this in another forum but I'll repost it here:

It's a beautiful 70 degree day and being Sunday, very light traffic. I had a chance to get out and really push the car trying my best to initiate the dreaded understeer. No matter how hard I pushed (keeping it on the road on street tires) it just rotated. If anything there is an occasional hint of oversteer which is easily managed with the throttle. I have the front bar on full soft and am one step softer on the rear dampers so there's plenty of room to dial it out if I wanted to. I'm really impressed with this kit and would recommend it for anyone interested in making their Boss a better handling street car. I can't comment on the track performance yet, but it's pretty obvious it's going to be a big improvement. Just eliminating the brake dive is worth it alone.

This is MGW speaking - YOU HAVE BEEN ASSIMILATED... !

(told you that you'd like it ;D )

Loaded it on the trailer tonight and no clearance issues with the World Challenge splitter even after lowering it. Thanks for the Race Ramps recommendation Pete! ;D

PeteInCT

#LS-378 - So many Porsche's, so little time....
Connecticut
I've used mine for about 8 track days so far and they are holding up very well. Its amazing they are so light and still there are no compresson marks from the tires. And in the rain its nice they dont soak up any water at all as opposed to the old pine boards. They arent cheap by any means but they seem like theyll last for a long time so ut was worth it.

TMO Supporting Vendors

Buy TMO Apparel

Buy TMO Apparel