The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

I got a ride in a GT350R

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ford was up in Houghton Michigan at Michigan Technological University last week. Tracked them down and they were very kind to give me a ride in the GT350R. Offered up my Boss Red Key for a swap but that wasn't happening! The ride was awesome but the speed we ran is classified. The acceleration was freakin awesome in the GT350R. The drive home in my Boss was sorta a let down. Here are a few pics or the 350 along with a GT and my 302.

2rxfnsi.jpg

rbjzud.jpg

10dckz4.jpg

29c27x2.jpg

5kly1d.jpg

117e2ys.jpg

112d94g.jpg

334t2fq.jpg

5xvea.jpg

2q9dnko.jpg

ChopSui said:
Interesting. Is G0090 a final production model?

Don't know its status. I do know that car had been run hard on the track, very little tread on the front and rear tires.

ChopSui said:
Interesting. Is G0090 a final production model?

G0090 appears to be a MP1 Build, produced on July 31, 2015. I have seen 4 Red GT350R's on the road in the past month (or maybe it was this one 4 times), and it sounded great!

jmbboss302 said:
G0090 appears to be a MP1 Build, produced on July 31, 2015. I have seen 4 Red GT350R's on the road in the past month (or maybe it was this one 4 times), and it sounded great!

The sound of the GT350 engine is just over the top. I thought my Boss with Track Key and open side pipes was awesome...not so much compared to the 350!

12Boss said:
The sound of the GT350 engine is just over the top. I thought my Boss with Track Key and open side pipes was awesome...not so much compared to the 350!
You know I'm not so sure about that. Many think louder sounds better and clearly the GT350 is louder than the Boss 302 so to many that's better. Obviously this is subjective but one aspect of the Boss sound that I really like, and what's missing from the 350, is the snap crackle pop especially on decel. I love the sound driving around town with TK and the side pipes open. No doubt the 350 sounds different and fantastic but better than the Boss? I'm not so sure.

@Fat Boss
@ArizonaBOSS
@Grant 302

Grant 302

basic and well known psychic
VooDooBOSS said:
You know I'm not so sure about that. Many think louder sounds better and clearly the GT350 is louder than the Boss 302 so to many that's better. Obviously this is subjective but one aspect of the Boss sound that I really like, and what's missing from the 350, is the snap crackle pop especially on decel. I love the sound driving around town with TK and the side pipes open. No doubt the 350 sounds different and fantastic but better than the Boss? I'm not so sure.

@Fat Boss
@ArizonaBOSS
@Grant 302

The Boss sound is hard to beat. It think the best sounding one I've heard in person was Fiddler's with the kooks shorties and FRPP touring cans.

Can't say the GT350 is better just yet. But I'm probably not the person to ask. I still prefer older Ford firing orders for sound.

ArizonaBOSS

Because racecar.
Arizona, USA
VooDooBOSS said:

@Fat Boss
@ArizonaBOSS
@Grant 302

I guess I'll have to wait until I can finally get a ride in one before I can pass judgement!

TMO Supporting Vendors