The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

I guess my track day tomorrow is NOT happening :(

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

It is April 11th in the Northern Hemisphere right? :'(

20130411065049.jpg

20130411065046.jpg

20130411065030.jpg

GA
Has anyone tried to run on the track with chains? ;)

Sorry to hear- the weather has been a bummer for me lately too with track days. I hope VIR goes well next month.

steveespo said:
I see a dry line forming, I think you can switch to intermediates in a few laps.
Steve
That line's getting better with each lap. I will have to say the trans cooling scoop is working better than ever.

20130411125959.jpg

ArizonaBOSS

Because racecar.
Arizona, USA
Looks like Byron isn't stuck at work like I am! :) I <3 SD...

Gary that is for some contractors that are running some lines of some sort under the pavement around campus. We have our own power substation on-site here :)

JScheier

Too Hot for the Boss!
Had 2 days at PPIR (Fountain, Colorado) last weekend with NASA Rocky Mountain. Beautiful weather, upper 60's, zero humidity, light breeze. Managed to drop 4+ seconds off my best lap time in the M3 (double the HP and double the tire width).... then we got hit with the 'Blizzard' on Monday.

JScheier said:
Had 2 days at PPIR (Fountain, Colorado) last weekend with NASA Rocky Mountain. Beautiful weather, upper 60's, zero humidity, light breeze. Managed to drop 4+ seconds off my best lap time in the M3 (double the HP and double the tire width).... then we got hit with the 'Blizzard' on Monday.
Nice and I doubt any overheatin' ;)

JScheier

Too Hot for the Boss!
cloud9 said:
Nice and I doubt any overheatin' ;)

Didn't overheat, but I did manage to get the gauge to move to about 3/4. PPIR is a tough track to gauge airflow on. Since it is basically a NASCAR bowl with an infield, there isn't much of a breeze inside the bowl. We'll see next month at Pueblo how the addition of the oil-cooler works.

FWIW, Justin Starkey had a write-up in the latest 5.0 where he added a supercharger... blah, blah, blah... but on the opening page there was a photo of the front of his car with a note that it was a 'Classic Design GT500 style' grill. Looks to be the ticket... much nicer than my hacked chicken-wire fiasco (which I still have should you desire it :) ).

Grant 302

basic and well known psychic
HAHAHA...I only bail on track days when it's north of 90 degrees. Even in freezing A.M. temps, it's usually nice by mid day. Did a couple of days like that this winter.

JScheier said:
Didn't overheat, but I did manage to get the gauge to move to about 3/4. PPIR is a tough track to gauge airflow on. Since it is basically a NASCAR bowl with an infield, there isn't much of a breeze inside the bowl. We'll see next month at Pueblo how the addition of the oil-cooler works.

FWIW, Justin Starkey had a write-up in the latest 5.0 where he added a supercharger... blah, blah, blah... but on the opening page there was a photo of the front of his car with a note that it was a 'Classic Design GT500 style' grill. Looks to be the ticket... much nicer than my hacked chicken-wire fiasco (which I still have should you desire it :) ).
Appreciate the offer on the chicken coop but what year GT500 grille is it? I know I need a new one, just wasn't sure if I should get the billet or something else.

TMO Supporting Vendors