The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

I just got my boss back lots of things changed custom paint.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ArizonaBOSS

Because racecar.
Arizona, USA
Brandon302 said:
How did you end up mounting the pins in the middle there, I was told you almost need to weld a nut to the upper rad support to screw the posts into.

There are a couple holes in the upper rad support that are perfectly sized for the pins, just need to drill an access hole from the bottom to be able to fit them up. Some may argue that the sheetmetal isn't so strong, but I haven't had any issues.

ArizonaGT said:
There are a couple holes in the upper rad support that are perfectly sized for the pins, just need to drill an access hole from the bottom to be able to fit them up. Some may argue that the sheetmetal isn't so strong, but I haven't had any issues.

Do you have to remove anything to drill out the holes? I used the location of the outside hood stops for my current pins but would like to install the second set since I bought them and it is way to late to return them.

Great job!

It's amazing how the wheels make the Boss look so much better. I've been debating for a year on what wheels to get after I did some performance mods. The F14's were on my short list and now at the top!! thanks for sharing.

The masterg8 said:
As some of you know i had an unfortanate mishap in the rain. I figured I might as well change some things up instead of going back to stock. The wreck was luckily totally cosmetic. But the mods are as follows 19 inch Forgestar -f14 gunmetal on 295/30/19s, boss 302s front bumper suport, laguna seca xbrace color matched to car, LS Spoiler, Tiger racing hood with pegasus aerocatch hood pins, Borla stypes, boss 302s grill, and ford boss lowering springs.

Also to change it up a little bit my roof, spoiler, and hood stripe are all painted in tuxedo black. That metal flake looks great in the sun light Honestly the paint looks 10 times better than it did when i got it. Thanks to Kustom body and paint in asheboro nc.

1375910_600693713311004_835639319_n.jpg

I am very impressed with the looks. Outstanding!!! Just realized you live in Asheboro. I am just down the road from you in Raleigh. As far as the spoiler I understand you have to drill an extra hole or 2. Is this true?

Grant 302

basic and well known psychic
badasbullitt said:
I am very impressed with the looks. Outstanding!!! Just realized you live in Asheboro. I am just down the road from you in Raleigh. As far as the spoiler I understand you have to drill an extra hole or 2. Is this true?

...or 4 holes, if you want to bolt all the connections.

badasbullitt said:

I do a lot of work in Raleigh Im there most of the week there are three bosses i see rolling around my area A green one, a blue and white, and a red and black one.

That would be great! Do you ever go to the cars and coffee in Cary? I haven't been in a while. There were a few boss owners there.

Are either of you going to C&C in Cary in January? I just picked up a '12 Kona Blue #2210 about a month and a half ago and have had every event in the area rained out since I bought it. It would be great to see some other Bosses! I know there were four '13's at C&C in November and I just saw an Orange '12 in Brier Creek last Friday.

jneary

Performance Fords
Norcal
WOW, that looks great!!! I really like the hood color and after seeing a Tuxedo black Focus ST in the sun, that must really POP in the light of day.

Nice and tasteful.

John

The masterg8 said:
I do a lot of work in Raleigh Im there most of the week there are three bosses i see rolling around my area A green one, a blue and white, and a red and black one.

I occasionally drive my Boss to work in Raleigh. I might be the red and black one.

further said:
Just noticed your location. I'm driving my CO Boss to Ashboro tomorrow. It'll be at the Hospital.
KB2210 said:
Are either of you going to C&C in Cary in January? I just picked up a '12 Kona Blue #2210 about a month and a half ago and have had every event in the area rained out since I bought it. It would be great to see some other Bosses! I know there were four '13's at C&C in November and I just saw an Orange '12 in Brier Creek last Friday.
badasbullitt said:
That would be great! Do you ever go to the cars and coffee in Cary? I haven't been in a while. There were a few boss owners there.

I think I saw you rolling around in asheboro on Fayetville street. I drove by an orange boss near the hospital i was in my accord though. I think im going to try and go to the cars and coffee this saturday. Ill keep an eye out for any boss owners there.

The masterg8 said:
I think im going to try and go to the cars and coffee this saturday. Ill keep an eye out for any boss owners there.

I'll definitely be there. I'd like to get there early enough to get a spot in the main lot where the 4 Bosses were parked back in November.

Chris

I hope to make it out. Man it will be cold! Where is everyone trying to park? Was there a specific spot and about what time do you expect to be there?

badasbullitt said:
I hope to make it out. Man it will be cold! Where is everyone trying to park? Was there a specific spot and about what time do you expect to be there?

I'm planning to be there between 8 and 8:15. In November, the Bosses were parked in the center of the lower lot across from Chick-Fil-A. That's probably where I'll park if I'm the first one there.

Chris

It was pretty chilly this morning but that didn't stop a good 100+ cars from showing up in Cary for the Cars & Coffee gathering. A GHIG '13 and a CO '12 showed up but I didn't see them pull in.

Chris

TMO Supporting Vendors