The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

I just moved to San Diego and I have a few questions

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

1) who is a good dealer?

2) Are there any closeby autosport activities (Autocross...etc) on weekly or biweekly basis?

3) Are there any nice winding roads with good scenary?

4) Who is the best performance shop (mustang speciality) in SD?

5) What road courses do SD people often go to?

Thank you

Bay Area
13Boss said:
1) who is a good dealer?

2) Are there any closeby autosport activities (Autocross...etc) on weekly or biweekly basis?

3) Are there any nice winding roads with good scenary?

4) Who is the best performance shop (mustang speciality) in SD?

5) What road courses do SD people often go to?

Congrats on relocation to SD. I just moved from Carlsbad yesterday. What part of SD are you in?

1) There is North County Ford in Vista, Ken Grody Ford in Carlsbad (only for maintenance). Those are my go to up there.

2) Checkout what they have at Qualcomm stadium on Saturdays.

3) My favorite is Palomar Mountain. I prefer the front (twisty) side, the East grade is nice long and not as twisty but, you have to watch out fro motorcycles, cyclists, CHP, the locals up there. (the will put oil, gravel, sometimes even fishing line out to deter the motorcycles).

4) I forgot the names but if you go to Mustangs by the Bay on Sunday Oct 4th you will find them. I recommend you check it out. Lots of Bosses and cool Mustangs to check out. http://www.sdmustangclub.com

5) Chuckwalla and Autoclub speedway are your closest but you also have Willow Springs and Button Willow. I would also check out the local cars and coffee shows around the entire area.

Hope this helps you out. If you have any other questions about SD send me a PM.

Chuckwalla is a really fun track and they are just getting back into their season. It has lots of run off room too. Be sure to tell Mickey you are a BMO member.

TMO Supporting Vendors