The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

I know I will get stoned to death for posting this here.........

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Only thing I don't is the font for the sidestripes...doesn't look 'correct'.
Yeah, My son picked it off instantly. The "BOSS" is exactly the same as OEM, it is the "302 that differs. It has too much stripe above the 302 lettering and the numbers are not 100% correct.
They are aftermarket stripes that are good quality, just some subtle differences. I wish the OEM stripes were a bit more reasonable.

Tulsa, OK
Fantastic car! This really is a good group. Lots of great info...

Also, congrats to your son for playing golf at OSU. He must be very talented. I graduated from OSU in 2009. It's a great school and Stillwater is so much fun.

Also, congrats to your son for playing golf at OSU. He must be very talented. I graduated from OSU in 2009. It's a great school and Stillwater is so much fun.

Thank you. He is a hell of a player. funny story, when he was 10 he was at a pro shop in San Antonio at a tournment. They had a bunch of collegiate ball markers in a basket on the counter. He was rummaging through them and picked up an oSu marker and asked me who it was and before I could answer, the pro behind the counter said: " that right there is the best golf school in the country" I didnt get a word out of my mouth and he said to me that he wanted that one. From that day forward, he wore that ball marker on his cap and told everyone he was going to play golf for oSu. 8yrs later, he earned a great scholarship to play golf for oSu and he absolutely is in heaven. (even though he texted me the wind chill this morning of 5 degrees) He is a freshman this year and loves being a Cowboy and especially playing golf at the premier golf school in the country.
BTW
I like the color of the 37! GO POKES!

Stratton in the hallway that leads to their locker room at Karsten Creek and the unbelievable history of oSu Golf -
KC004_zps6c79b2d6.jpg

Here he is on the range at Karsten Creek
KC008_zps3cc2b82c.jpg

TymeSlayer

Tramps like us, Baby we were born to run...
Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
3-5 Years
Brighton, Colorado
Deerslayer said:
Thank you. He is a hell of a player. funny story, when he was 10 he was at a pro shop in San Antonio at a tournment. They had a bunch of collegiate ball markers in a basket on the counter. He was rummaging through them and picked up an oSu marker and asked me who it was and before I could answer, the pro behind the counter said: " that right there is the best golf school in the country" I didnt get a word out of my mouth and he said to me that he wanted that one. From that day forward, he wore that ball marker on his cap and told everyone he was going to play golf for oSu. 8yrs later, he earned a great scholarship to play golf for oSu and he absolutely is in heaven. (even though he texted me the wind chill this morning of 5 degrees) He is a freshman this year and loves being a Cowboy and especially playing golf at the premier golf school in the country.
BTW

Stratton in the hallway that leads to their locker room at Karsten Creek and the unbelievable history of oSu Golf -
KC004_zps6c79b2d6.jpg

KC008_zps3cc2b82c.jpg

Funny, my trophy room looks just like that........ Minus the trophies of course!

Lotta great golfers came out of OSU. Congrats to both you and your son.

Tulsa, OK
Deerslayer said:
BTW

KC004_zps6c79b2d6.jpg

KC008_zps3cc2b82c.jpg

Wow! That's an awesome story! You must be very proud. He'll have a great time at OSU.

My rollbar is orange too ;)

Yeah it's cold around here...I'm planning on going to the OSU-OU football game on Saturday if the weather allows me to get there from Tulsa. The temp at kickoff is supposed to be 10 with a windchill of -3...

Yeah it's cold around here...I'm planning on going to the OSU-OU football game on Saturday if the weather allows me to get there from Tulsa. The temp at kickoff is supposed to be 10 with a windchill of -3...

Do you race on that track between Tulsa & Stillwater? I have seen it on Google Earth and wondered what it is.

Tulsa, OK
Yeah I race out at Hallett pretty frequently. It's an awesome little track :) You and your son should definitely try it out one day. Here's a short video one lap out there:

[youtube]http://youtu.be/EGUfbYgOFbo[/youtube]

All and all I like the car. You did a wonderful job on the car.

Only problem I have is were you put Boss 302 on the side.

I am sure I will be blasted for saying.

I love the story and and really impressed with the car. The 1of1 on SGM is a dream car of mine - I would love a '12 Boss in SGM probably more than any other car. Very nicely done! I hope you guys can make one of the 50th events with that car… it will sure be noticed!

TMO Supporting Vendors

Buy TMO Apparel

Buy TMO Apparel