The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

I love OCTOBER (bonus month) boss gets some parts

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Justin

Save the dawn for your dishes!!!
Well the boss is in for a treat. Just ordered a Centerforce DYAD clutch kit, Moroso Oil Sep, JPC Line Lock kit, 47 lb/hr ev6 injectors....whats the injectors for? Well I am going to swap to E85 paid for an upgrade with AED to get E85 tunes and a tune for pump gas with the bigger injectors. Oh the GF will be pissed lol

Justin

lol I dont think she will be that pissed. I made an agreement that I would pay two bills off then the rest could go to the boss.

Lucky... I just found out that the company I work for is considering taking away our monthly bonuses. It would be like taking a 20k bath. :(

Sesshomurai

I've had a steady stream of parts and upgrades coming in all September in preparation for 4 Oct track days.

In fact, I had to return a wheel to tirerack, and they called for the UPS guy to pick it up one day and the dumbsh*t UPS guy took other deliveries I had sitting on my doorstep (from fedex btw) as my returned items. I wasn't home to give him the wheel (which was in my garage). So he stole my eradispeed rotors and replayxd cameras and shipped them to tirerack distributor in Indiana. Long story short, I got them back but the full story is mind boggling still.

Justin I want the results of that clutch ;D You already know I have been looking at clutches and it's very frustrating to see so many and not know what works for damn sure. That clutch you are looking at looks different I have to call them so many damn questions like what the heck are those blocks on it? Are they to help bite in dirring centrifical force or what? Have you ever used one of these before? Also are you changing the slave cylinder with it?

Justin

this will be my first twin disc clutch. This will be my 4th centerforce clutch. Never had an issue with a centerforce clutch. With the cobra I had three different ones because I had one with the T45 then swapped to a T-56 then during a full engine rebuild I had a new one put in just because the one that was in it was fine just didnt want to have to rip it apart again.

http://www.centerforce.com/products/product-detail/id/CTF-04234805/name/centerforce-dyad-drive-system-twin-11-11-ford-mustang-mustang-ii-mustang-c

Justin

as for the slave cylinder I was going to order this as well but its out of stock
http://www.americanmuscle.com/exedy-tob-slavecylinder-0513.html

Justin

the blocks on the diaphram fingers use centrifical force to increase the clamp on the discs as rpm increases. the fingers all ride on ball bearings and the flywheel is lightened on the outer edge. Should be a slickest clutch out there. I would go with mcleod but I have always heard they make noise and even on there website they state that chatter is normal at certain rpms....no thanks

TMO Supporting Vendors