The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

**** I love this car

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Justin

Save the dawn for your dishes!!!
I will try out them all. exhaust has been debated since the dawn of time lol. I like my cars to be loud out back and pretty quiet inside. and drone is a def no go for me.

I am hoping that I can crack into the 11's next weekend. my cousin has a 2012 gt prem its automatic and he has full exhaust, steeda cold air, alum drive shaft and 3.73's and he has gone 11.80's. my other buddy has a 2012 gt prem manual and with just a cai and tune with 3.31's has gone 11.90's. neither of them have had wheel hop be an issue with slicks at the track. hoping its the same for me.

as for the rear headrests I only knew cause I seen them that way in my cousins car....with them down its much easier to see out the back window.

Pull the sound tube, it will be quieter inside when you have the windows up.

My bro sat in the back and he said the exhaust with 7/8 holes is obnoxious back there.

PeteInCT

#LS-378 - So many Porsche's, so little time....
Connecticut
Without plates it's louder but no drone and not really that loud in the cabin. My son says outside and behind the car it's pretty dang loud (the way he likes it ;D )

PeteInCT

#LS-378 - So many Porsche's, so little time....
Connecticut
CaliMR said:

My bro sat in the back and he said the exhaust with 7/8 holes is obnoxious back there.

Who cares about the people in the back seat ?? I don't even have one. :eek:

Justin

PeteInCT said:
CaliMR said:

Who cares about the people in the back seat ?? I don't even have one. :eek:

lol :)

CaliMR said:

That's the size I use and my kids love the sound back there. ;D

I came to work today and before lunch snuck out and removed the plates and had our machinist open them up to 5/8. They caught me on the cameras fiddling with my car and thought it was somebody vandalizing the car. I took it for a drive at lunch and I LOVE IT! PEEEERRRFECT!

My nephews are ok in the back, but my bro is a sissy. He complains if I open the windows even in the front. So he just doesn't get rides anymore.

Hambone said:
I came to work today and before lunch snuck out and removed the plates and had our machinist open them up to 5/8. They caught me on the cameras fiddling with my car and thought it was somebody vandalizing the car. I took it for a drive at lunch and I LOVE IT! PEEEERRRFECT!
You should try 3/4 or 7/8" for an even more perfect sound. ;)

ufnavy06

Some say he has a tattoo of his face on his face.
Dig-It said:
boss2511 - nice pics of a sweet ride, but ...

You dirty squid, at least take the aqua-flage cover out of the passenger seat before you take pics of your car!

Full disclosure: That's exactly where I have mine right now too. ;)

My garrison cover is sitting in my passenger seat too. I suppose I need to take it out.

PeteInCT said:
I may be wrong, but I don't think the sound of the 3/4" plates are that much different than not having them at all. It's pretty cool that we have the option to play with it though, eh ?

It makes a big difference from wide open. In fact each 1/16 size hole makes a difference in the sound. The guys at Ford engineered the pipes not to have a drone even wide open, the discs are more about tuning the car to a personal sound you like. I have found inside the car the noise level is acceptable with all sizes but like you said outside can get loud and the discs effect that sound quite a bit.

Justin

I like having the option thats why I got two sets of plates. so I can go stock plates, 1/2" 3/4" or no plates. My cobra when I ran dumps was way to loud and made getting on it without telling all the cops in a 4 block radius was impossible. And while it sounded great for the first week it became annoying after a while. if I didnt drive it everyday it might be a different story.

like I said in the past exhaust sound and loudness is a personal preference what suits one may not suit another but that doesnt make either one better or worse.

I told my bro that I was taking the Boss out, if he didn't hear from me in a few hours then I was in jail and the car was upside down and on fire.

He said yeah I know, you say that every time. I hadn't realized I do that.

That is how much I ****ing love this car.

2012YellowBoss said:
PeteInCT said:
I may be wrong, but I don't think the sound of the 3/4" plates are that much different than not having them at all. It's pretty cool that we have the option to play with it though, eh ?

It makes a big difference from wide open. In fact each 1/16 size hole makes a difference in the sound. The guys at Ford engineered the pipes not to have a drone even wide open, the discs are more about tuning the car to a personal sound you like. I have found inside the car the noise level is acceptable with all sizes but like you said outside can get loud and the discs effect that sound quite a bit.
A local Boss owner has 3/4 and my 7/8 are noticeably louder than his both inside and outside the car. And we both have GT500 mufflers.

TMO Supporting Vendors