The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

**** I love this car

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Justin

Save the dawn for your dishes!!!
spent the better part of the day cleaning and waxing the boss. can you host pics from facebook? next weekend he is going to the 1/4 mile track. I wont settle for anything less than 11's I know it has it in it. my cousin is going to let me bolt up some MT ET streets for this. hope to have the track key so I can compare. I have the money just hope the dealer can get it done in time.

Justin

yeah I posted them on facebook can I

Better than my phone would do, and I like the color ;)

FRPP should next day the track key codes to the dealer, and it takes an hour to install the next day.

Dig-It

Kevin
VA
boss2511 - nice pics of a sweet ride, but ...

You dirty squid, at least take the aqua-flage cover out of the passenger seat before you take pics of your car!

Full disclosure: That's exactly where I have mine right now too. ;)

Justin

thanks guys. as for the cover if I take it out I will forget it the next day always happens lol.
I dont plan to track the car really. I do plan on drag racing the car. I had cleaned it all up yesterday only to forget that I had to drive it today to take it to the dealer. I was going to drive my beater car cause its raining...oh well. While I am at the dealer I will make my appointment for trackkey next week hopefully get it done on wed.

I also have some side exhaust plates coming. ordered a 3/4" and 1/2" set. Cant wait to hear it with the side pipes opened up in the tunnel :)

PeteInCT

#LS-378 - So many Porsche's, so little time....
Connecticut
Plates, we don't need no stinking plates ! LET HER BREATHE !!!! ;D (I do).

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VqomZQMZQCQ[/youtube]

Justin

lol from the videos I have watched I dont like the popping it makes with them removed. seems like 3/4" is the magic size for max loudness without popping (reminds me of a truck using its j-brake)

PeteInCT

#LS-378 - So many Porsche's, so little time....
Connecticut
The popping happens mostly when you punch the throttle and then let it fall back to idle. During normal street driving I don't hear it that much at all. But it's good to experiment, especially for the price of the plates. I may be wrong, but I don't think the sound of the 3/4" plates are that much different than not having them at all. It's pretty cool that we have the option to play with it though, eh ?

It doesn't seem to jake brake as much with the track key, but I may be imagining it. It definitely makes better noises with it though ;D

Post up after you drag it, I'm probably going to do a little too but mostly be set up for road courses. Rumor is that you get wheel hop at real drag strips probably due to the grip but people here know more about it. LCAs seem to fix it from what I have read.

Wow you learn something new everyday. I had no idea that the rear seat headrests folded down. I guess I need to get back there more often. Great looking ride, thanks for the pics 2511!

TMO Supporting Vendors