The Mustang Forum for Track Enthusiasts

Track Mustangs Online was built specifically for those who track their Mustangs!

Register Log in

I need a new track app to replace Harrys

Duane Black

TMO Race
Reaction score
So here's my new dillema

I got an Galaxy S10E in April. it worked brilliant with Harrys all summer, but updates aroind October have been causing more and more issues since

I love Harrys. It has served me well since 2016. However, I've determined since last October that Harrys isnt keeping up with Android phones. Video randomly stops recording (harry blames my phone, but it records for 45 minutes independently from the app, i tested it), and now it wont export files nor will it overlay videos. My last track video was made screen capturing. I've determined its time to part ways with Harrys.

I'd like something on my phone that does everything Harrys does. my favorite features are logging lap times, recording video, and overlaying them, and speed/distance graphs.

Is there an app that does it all or do i just need to get AIM Solo?

Last edited:

o-man

TMO Beginner
Reaction score
Duane, I assume you are using the phone vs. a GoPro for video? RaceChrono Pro may be the way to go. Although, I find Track Addicts a little easier to use with a GoPro. Admittedly, I've still not got it down pat and haven't figured out Race Render. Video taken with iPhone 8 using RaceChrono

Duane Black

TMO Race
Reaction score
Duane, I assume you are using the phone vs. a GoPro for video? RaceChrono Pro may be the way to go. Although, I find Track Addicts a little easier to use with a GoPro. Admittedly, I've still not got it down pat and haven't figured out Race Render. Video taken with iPhone 8 using RaceChrono
Correct, trying to stick with the phones camera

67GTA

TMO Intermediate
Reaction score
Correct, trying to stick with the phones camera
+1 on Track Addict. I’m on iOS, which will easily export 1 lap, or an entire session to my phone’s gallery which can be shared like any other video - I’m sure android would be similar

captdistraction

I am the breaker of things
Reaction score
I'm a bit proponent of the Autosport Labs RaceCapture/Podium platform. Would work with the phone, but also get the onboard data from the car, and sync it into the cloud in real time. They start at $300. Less fussing with stuff is better in my book.

RodS197

TMO Intermediate
Reaction score
I have had similar issues with Harry's this last year. I think it has more to do with the amount of data I have in the app. I made the jump to AIM SOLO 2 DL. I convinced Santa it would be a great gift! I am interested to see how well the data logging works for lap analysis. I have lots of friends at the track that swear by it. I will get Race Render (if I ever get to drive this year (tapping foot sounds...)) and do my video overlays on that. I have always used couple of GoPros because the iPhone camera couldn't keep up as it films a wobbly mess of a video, not necessarily because I am so fast if you know what I mean. Looking forward to trying out the new setup.

Duane Black

TMO Race
Reaction score
I have had similar issues with Harry's this last year. I think it has more to do with the amount of data I have in the app. I made the jump to AIM SOLO 2 DL. I convinced Santa it would be a great gift! I am interested to see how well the data logging works for lap analysis. I have lots of friends at the track that swear by it. I will get Race Render (if I ever get to drive this year (tapping foot sounds...)) and do my video overlays on that. I have always used couple of GoPros because the iPhone camera couldn't keep up as it films a wobbly mess of a video, not necessarily because I am so fast if you know what I mean. Looking forward to trying out the new setup.

You may be on to something... I've got about 500 laps worth of data in this app... I never realized there may be a conncetion.

flyhalf

TMO Race
Reaction score
harry is really overrated. the video and the data never really match up.
track addict is free and racerender3 is free till 3mins video i think.
now if you record with the phone track addict input the video already with data.
race render is when you have an ext camera.

it takes few time to get faster.
but absolutely not impossible.
my suggestion,
cut the 'best lap' out of the session ( you know what lap cause you have it in trackaddict).
then upload the video to racerender3
upload data file ( i send it from the phone to my email)
and then with the tool you try to match them. sounds help to identify when you are braking in the video /with the speed in the data

a video here

JDee

Ancient Racer
Reaction score
I used Harry's but was not impressed with it, lot of bugginess and just plain unreliable. I too switched to Track Addict/Race Render and have been much impressed with the pair of them. Only difficult part can be getting the Android phone to play nice with the computer for transferring files but that seems to be more an Android thing than a TA/RR thing. I just cut my best lap of the day out and make it into a video, the rest I just archive.

TMO Supporting Vendors