The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

I ordered a new splitter for safekeeping

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

I ordered 2 sets of mats,shifter boot,trunk mat & steering wheel with air bag.The wheel & bag have been on back order for over a month now.Is it already starting ?

slmustangz said:
I ordered 2 sets of mats,shifter boot,trunk mat & steering wheel with air bag.The wheel & bag have been on back order for over a month now.Is it already starting ?

Can you post some P/N and best way you've found to order? Ford racing catalog or other? I plan on keeping and want to start accumulating now that the initial purchase cost has been worked into my budget.

Thanks for any help. Trying to get going on this, but have little time to focus due to work and bunch of little kids

Boss1601 said:
Can you post some P/N and best way you've found to order? Ford racing catalog or other? I plan on keeping and want to start accumulating now that the initial purchase cost has been worked into my budget.

Thanks for any help. Trying to get going on this, but have little time to focus due to work and bunch of little kids

Second that

Justin

Save the dawn for your dishes!!!
06GT to 13LS said:
Second for the part number. I parking lot curbed mine today. I'm pretty sure it is the only time I have ever pulled into a parking spot and crunch goes the front splitter. Never even saw it. What is this going to set me back?
I have a curb alert kit that I never even used that I can sell you for cheap so that wont happen again.
http://www.americanmuscle.com/curb-alert-sensor.html

yknot

Hobbies: Hot Rods & Shooting
You know you're right, the front splitter will take its share of abuse, so having one on hand is not a bad idea. Personally, I will order a front splitter and a steering wheel, just to have as I know I will need them. The steering wheel is excellent, but you know it will wear, and get dirty.
Those that are modding the Boss should save the parts, it's just good common sense, since these will become collectables. I Think it is important to keep all the stock components together for future resell or valve. I have already seen that many that make mods have sold the original parts to pay for the those upgrades, you see it every day on eBay.
I am changing up the car quite a bit, with new lower and grill fog lights, new rear spoiler, many engine parts and so on, but I'll wrap and store the original parts with care as I think it is the smartest thing to do. I'll keep everything together both original parts and spares I bought to keep the car solid as the years go by.

06GT to 13LS said:
Second for the part number. I parking lot curbed mine today. I'm pretty sure it is the only time I have ever pulled into a parking spot and crunch goes the front splitter. Never even saw it. What is this going to set me back?

Tousley lists it at $341.02. Of course there's shipping on top of that.

http://tousleyfordparts.com/parts/index.cfm?searchText=DR3Z-17626-BA&make=Ford&action=oePartSearch&siteid=214771

Justin said:
thats crazy how the price difference is nearly double between the 12 and the 13.

Sync costs $!

Can anyone help n locating the steering wheel part number? I'd like to get the splitter, wheel and maybe some interior panels that are BOSS specific

Justin

Save the dawn for your dishes!!!
Boss1601 said:
Sync costs $!

Can anyone help n locating the steering wheel part number? I'd like to get the splitter, wheel and maybe some interior panels that are BOSS specific
DR3Z-3600-AA 301.83 plus shipping
http://www.tascaparts.com/parts/index.cfm?searchText=DR3Z-3600-AA&make=Ford&action=oePartSearch&siteid=213668

http://www.tousleyfordparts.com/parts/index.cfm?searchText=DR3Z-3600-AA&make=Ford&action=oePartSearch&siteid=214771

cjpony parts and latemodelrestoration have them for sale as well for 399.99 free shipping....

TMO Supporting Vendors

Buy TMO Apparel

Buy TMO Apparel